Had a fun end of the month jam

Talking Blues, news, cool links
StratLover2

Had a fun end of the month jam

Post by StratLover2 »

Hi all!

Last month's end of the month jam happened last Friday at our local Albertsons parking lot, and we had a blast. We had my friend Jonathan join us for the jam, and so we played with the help of a couple of beginner guitar and piano kids:

Ode to Joy
Crazy on You by Heart
La Bamba (I had a fun country-esque solo on this one!)
Pipeline by the Ventures
Smoke on the Water by Deep Purple(Was our first time all figuring it out, tricky to match up the words with the chords sometimes! Might have to work on this, had a pretty fun solo with Torrance)
Jessica by Allman Bros. (Had about a 15 minute jam, the first ten minutes were Jonathan and my guitar teacher playing both the lead guitars, and I played rhythm. Then I had a nice five minute solo..)
La Grange by ZZ Top (This is our most popular jam song..)
Thunderstruck by AC/DC..
12bar
Site Admin

Re: Had a fun end of the month jam

Post by 12bar »

:yikes: That's a crazy mixture! Any audio recorded?
StratLover2

Re: Had a fun end of the month jam

Post by StratLover2 »

Sadly, my parents did not show up until the very end. So no audio, sorry! Next time!I have to add, that we run our amps and pedal words through a battery in my guitar teacher's trailer. The battery got low on water, and I recall on Jessica, all of a sudden after my solo, and just as Jonathan was taking a solo, the power cut off. We are able to get back online, but it happened two more times. So We had to rely on the Micro Cubes, which run on AAa.

We do a wide variety of songs and genres, which is good. I think at least for me. It keeps my brain engaged and looking at different solo approaches.