Guitar Centre - Battle of the Blues

Talking Blues, news, cool links
Strummer07

Guitar Centre - Battle of the Blues

Post by Strummer07 »

Its that time of year again !!

the Annual Guitar Centre - Blues Competetion ..Previously Called the King of teh Bles i think .......

this year ... Its "the Battle of the Blues! .........Not a lot of use to all us Non Americans you might think !

Well, I don't think we can enter .....as you need to start by playing live in a heat .....actually held at a Guitar centre Store .. Not many of them near me !!

But ..

Its does mean the release of the "Official" Guitar centre backing tracks ... created specifically for the Competition by Pete Anderson
Good tracks - lots of variation and styles .. something for everyone methinks ( Not quite of the calibre of a Wallimans BT IMO and Fritts also takes some beating )

But lets not be critical .....................They are FREE !!!!

So here ... for your delectation and enjoyment .......35 new BT's

http://gc.guitarcenter.com/battleoftheb ... /index.cfm

Perhaps under the Banner of 12 bar we could create our own Blues tournament .. using a select "Limited Selection" the of BT's

and to our American Chums .... who's got a store near them ???

and more importantly .. Who is going to enter ???

Bon Chance !!
"Death is just a heartbeat away"
lyric from "Out in The Fields"
Gary Moore 1952-2011
tytlblues

Re: Guitar Centre - Battle of the Blues

Post by tytlblues »

Hey, thanks for posting those. Looks like he added a few new ones for this year!!
Tytlblues

"Notes are expensive... spend them wisely”
BB King
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Thanks for posting Strummer - 5 new ones and two or three I'd missed getting before. :thumbsup:
Strummer07 wrote:Perhaps under the Banner of 12 bar we could create our own Blues tournament .. using a select "Limited Selection" the of BT's
It's a thought. As far as the real "Battle of the Blues" goes just the idea of a live competition heat would have me going :away: . VERY quickly.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
wailinwayne

Post by wailinwayne »

Almost missed the competition this year but saw this post and got signed up. Thanks for the heads up! I've won my preliminary round and am playing the store final in Denver, Colorado USA. This is my 4th year competing, made store finals each time and went to district finals once before. That was a gas. Wish you cats could be here for the fun!