hello hello

Guest book, site news and suggestions, introductions
RobertLee

hello hello

Post by RobertLee »

Hey y'all, my name is Lee, I just found this place a day ago. I'm not a man of many words and usually like to let the music speak for me, which is probably what has drawn me to the style of blues. I love the sound of a crying guitar and music that speaks for itself. I bought my first guitar 4 years ago and have been basically teaching myself, so it has been a long and slow road for me so far, but only recently started getting into the blues style of playing. Since I started out at a later age then most usually do ( I'm 30 at the moment)I find the most difficult thing for me is speed, I'm not a very fast player, my fingers haven't been completely coopertave with me on that part.

After reading through some of the posts and listening to some of the music y'all have shared. I really am quite impressed, "Blues For A Mother" is an absolutely beautiful collaboration and composition, as are all the others I've listened to so far. At this point I can only hope that my own skills someday reach the levels that alot of you have achieved and will be glad to share my own trials and compositions with y'all as time goes by (and just as soon as I can figure out how to post them :lol: ).

until then, keep on playing :music2:
Lee
Music is art, and the souls of others is the canvas.
VikingBlues

Re: hello hello

Post by VikingBlues »

:welcome: to the forum Lee.

Slow fingers is a compaint I can identify with, but at least with blues we have more scope for making a decent fist of a piece with a "less is more" approach. Or so I keep telling myself! :lol:

Hope you enjoy it here - it really is a great place to learn on, and there are some members with huge blues talents here to try to match and emulate. :wall:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

:welcome: Lee!

With 30 your are much younger than most of us, so don't worry :peace: .
Pure speed is not necessary to play the Blues and develops with practice.
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

:welcome: Lee...
VikingBlues and 12Bar are right... You don't have to be a speed demon to play the blues. (fortunately for me :cool: )
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
MojoJim

Post by MojoJim »

Welcome, RobertLee. :welcome:

There really are some terrific players on this forum - but there are also lots of us who are just learning.

I'm 68 and took up blues guitar just over two years ago. (I may be the old man on this site). It's coming along slowly - but I make some progress each week.

The members of the forum a incredibly supportive of the efforts of all of us - from our teenage members to our geezers - from our beginners to our brilliant players.

It's a great community. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Looking forward to hearing something from you.
MikeL

Post by MikeL »

Welcome Lee,

If you started in your 20s you're way ahead of me. Speed is nice but I'm more concerned with figuring out when and where to play the right notes. Someday I expect that will just click. In the mean time, there are a lot of players to learn from on this forum who are already there. :pray:
Cheers!
Mike

"A broken angel sings
From a guitar"
2WheelsOfBlues

Post by 2WheelsOfBlues »

hay hay Lee

:welcome: here

Eeeuuhh.... all the words are allready sad, sow ......have fun here :wink:
Last edited by 2WheelsOfBlues on Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
play guitar like the wind, mysterious but definitely present....
RobertLee

Post by RobertLee »

thanks all for the warm welcomes.
Music is art, and the souls of others is the canvas.
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Welcome here... grin, why do you think I play SLOOOOW blues only :D
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
DeaconBlues

Post by DeaconBlues »

Slow is good. Welcome to the board!
That boy ain't right...,

but he's big on the North Sea Coast of Germany.
MikeJackal

Post by MikeJackal »

Yes Welcome Robert, Thought I had replied with a welcome but I guess not....
"You Only Live But Once, When Your Dead Your Done...So Let The Good Times Roll" - B.B. King
"I'm So Lonesome I Don't Even Have Me No Friend, I've Done So Much Crying Will I Ever Laugh Again" - Peter Green
kiwiclapton

Post by kiwiclapton »

Kia Ora bro, this forum is best, you'll learn heaps.
In the name of God, Eric Clapton and the Slowhand, Amen.