Hi guys!

Guest book, site news and suggestions, introductions
adrianto

Hi guys!

Post by adrianto »

Hi everyone, I've been lurking around this forum in a few weeks and I think it's time for me to be a part of this awesome forum. As about myself, I'm 20 and live in Indonesia, I have 2 cheap electric guitar and few acoustics, roland cube 20x amps.
I like salads.
vancouverois

Re: Hi guys!

Post by vancouverois »

:welcome: Adrian.
Glad you joined, nice blues you put online!
Jan 15th 2007
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

:welcome: to the Blues community! :dance:

Maybe some more about you?
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

:welcome: ..from Sweden
adrianto

Post by adrianto »

@vancouverois thanks :beer: , I visited your soundcloud page earlier, I liked your style of playing, really cool flow :thumbsup:

@12bar I'm not actually good at introducing myself, lol. I'll try tho, I currently live in Jakarta, Indonesia. There *might be* a *slight* chance of me continuing my computer science study abroad, might be australia, england, germany or philliphines. Right now, I'm listening to Albert Collins (again haha), really love that "Mr. Collins, Mr. Collins" tune.

Some bluesman/woman I listened to (sorted by alphabet):
-Albert Collins
-BB King
-Buddy Guy
-Colin James
-Ginda and The White Flowers - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9Cx4pu4pdQ
-Gugun and The Blues Bug/Gugun and The Blues Shelter/Gugun Power Trio (they goes by many names) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZq6GMjwBZI
-Joanne Shaw Taylor
-Johnny Winter
-Rama Satria and The Electric Mojos - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=342Kbeuniyc
-Stoney Curtis Band

The ones with the link are Indonesians, which I'm not sure that you guys have heard them

My Gears(sorted by the date i got 'em)
- Acoustic Yamaha C310 --> my favorite, got this since around I'm 8 y.o, very sentimental
- Red Custom Strat --> given by my sister, first electric guitar
- Roland Cube 20x
- Semi-Acoustic Yamaha *forgot the exact type*
- Ibanez Gio

Thanks for your effort in keeping this site up, appreciated it :beer:

@MichaelRobinson
Thanks, for the welcome :big_smile: ..from Indonesia :beer:
I like salads.
losaavedra

Post by losaavedra »

:welcome: Hi there ... big welcome from Spain! Some great links in your above list. Love to hear blues trios like the first two and the level of skill and showmanship in the third link is pretty amazing as well. Liked your track too :clap: . Have fun here :bb:
Mike
"I feel more like I do now than when I first came on" (Ronnie Scott, Maidstone)
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

Damn good links to bloody good guys. They know just how to play. They obtain feel as if it were the world's easiest thing. Here I lie far behind. Unfortunately I am not as musical as they. I have not been able to for many years to get it together.
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

:welcome: to the forum Adrianto.

That's a pretty fine list of bluesman/women though as you thought the Indonesian ones were not familiar. Interesting links you've made - and some really good music. There's so many good blues players around the world!

Followed you back on Soundcloud.

Look forward to hearing more from you on 12bar. :D
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
Strummer07

Post by Strummer07 »

Greetings !!
Enjoy the site ! ....there's a lot here ! :D

its a fab 12 bar creation ... :pray: and all credit to him!
"Death is just a heartbeat away"
lyric from "Out in The Fields"
Gary Moore 1952-2011
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Hi, a warm welcome from the Netherlands :)
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Sounds great - I'm sure you're the first member from Indonesia! Didn't now that there is so much Blues...
adrianto

Post by adrianto »

thanks for the warm welcome guys :big_smile: . If you guys really like those links, I might going to start collecting good links, pile them up and make a new-nicely indexed thread somewhere here. What do you think? :D

@12bar there's more than those guys and sadly the label companies, music media and atmosphere in my country *seems* to be controlled by some people. :( Lots of good talents here just gone indie or in some cases the band just stop playing :wall: . But that's just my opinion though
I like salads.
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

I find a lot of the sort of music put out by the music media in this country very safe and predictable too. Blues still seems to be a dirty word and is classified as a minority interest.

Artists are forced into staying commercial and not moving into more interesting musical areas that they want to explore.

Many great talents with no official media coverage. At least they have YouTube.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!