Hi

Guest book, site news and suggestions, introductions
shaundtsl

Hi

Post by shaundtsl »

Hi All,

My name is shaun, I am from South Africa and I dig the blues. I have been playing guitar for about 11 years now. I have played in rock and some metal bands, but have always enjoyed the blues the most!!!

My gear:
Epiphone LP standard,
Ibanez RG7321 7 string
Tiglitar Stratocaster (More info on this further down the page)

Marshall VS65R amp
Korg AX1500G multi fx

I also enjoy playing a bit of bass every now and then.

In the last year or two my interests have expanded to recording (I have been slowly learning the art ) and more recently creating a custom guitar (tiglitar), I have done a fender squier rebuild. You can check out the process and more details here
http://www.dtsl.co.za/tcg.aspx (recently just completed this)

I have spent many hours reading on this site and gathering some info and have decided to finally join the forum.
aggiefan

Re: Hi

Post by aggiefan »

:welcome: to 12 bar. As you probably already know this is a great website and the forum is just as good. :music2:
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

:welcome: to 12-bar Shaun.

I'll need to have a look at your re-build page. I thought I'd got building out of my system but I'm having yet another go just now.

Look forward to hearing some of your work if you can get the recording process to recreate your sound in the way you want (not always easy!).

Hope you enjoy your time here. :D
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

:welcome: to ZA!
I play a Fender Squier, too - nice work you did!
shaundtsl

Post by shaundtsl »

Hey guys, thanks for the warm :welcome: 's I look forward to interacting with you dudes. You seem like a friendly bunch!

Yip, I am afraid the building bug has struck, I am looking to start the next project soon and have some really nice ideas, been looking at something along the lines of the fender strat GT Shelby type finish.... I think it rocks!

I am also still pretty new to the recording stuff, bought an m-audio interface and have been getting to know my way around reaper. Its really good fun.
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

:welcome: from New Mexico. :thumbsup:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
Strummer07

Post by Strummer07 »

shaundtsl wrote:Hey guys, thanks for the warm :welcome: 's I look forward to interacting with you dudes. You seem like a friendly bunch!

Welcome Shaundts :welcome: ..........You add a South African presence to our international family. Where abouts are you in SA ??

This is a super forum .....some of are as nuttty and as box of frogs .........but we are all quite harmless !!

Might swap Reaper stories with you some time ..........when I find out where the 'on' button is !!

I've got as far as downloading it so far !! .....and that is quite a big start for moi !!
"Death is just a heartbeat away"
lyric from "Out in The Fields"
Gary Moore 1952-2011
shaundtsl

Post by shaundtsl »

Hey Strummer07, Thanks man! I am from Johannesburg. I have lived for quite a few years in cape town as well though. It really is a great place and we have just hosted the FIFA world cup which was awesome!!! I hope I can add some south african flavour to the forum in some ways and maybe introduce some of our local SA greats, maybe some of you have heard of Dan Patlansky, he is an awsome blues guitarist based in johannesburg and has been making some waves in the USA lately, his style is very much along the lines of SRV. I actually took lessons from Dan a few years ago and although today its seems hard for some people to believe that he gave me lessons, but I think it was just before he got well recognised (where he still relied on lessons to make some cash), a really great, down to earth and extremely talented guitarist, check his stuff out if you can, you wont be sorry!!!

SA has also produced seether (known to SA back in the day as Saron Gas) and some other well known bands. I also believe dave matthews was born here in SA, but moved to the states at a very young age.

Anyways, sorry for rambling, I could carry on for ever! Thanks again for the welcomes dude!!!
Golfxzq

Post by Golfxzq »

:welcome: shaundtsl

You have found the right place... great forum and tons of useful information on the site. Glad to have someone with your experience around.
"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."
- Henry Ford