aggiefan

Guest book, site news and suggestions, introductions
aggiefan

aggiefan

Post by aggiefan »

Hi. Im aggiefan. i have been playin for about a year. I love listening and playin blues. i have many influences when it just comes to music. EC SRV Albert Collins a little bit of BB KIng but my favorite guitar player is Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top. He always seems like he is havin fun (and he has the greatest beard i have ever seen :oldie: ). Im also a big allman bros. fan (Dickey Betts Duane Allman). To talk about gear i have an epiphone SG, a sunburst Epiphone Les Paul JR, and right now i have my grandpa's (golfxzq) carlo Rabelli strat style guitar and if there are any bass players here i have a red fender p bass. i have a vox valvtronix vt15 amp. For my pedals i have a Deltalab dd1 digital delay a vox wah and i just got a mxr classic overdrive. well want ask me somethin just blog it.
Strummer07

Re: aggiefan

Post by Strummer07 »

Hi there Aggiefan ..welcome to the coolest spot on the web !!

thanks for letting us know a bit about you... .at a stroke you''ve probably brought the average age of this forum down a good slice.
I for one really welcome that ... new views , new ideas on music and the blues especially.

There's a great song on John Mayalls cd "Stories" entitled "Kid Got the Blues" which expresses the need and the importance of young players and people coming into the Blues scene.
Buddy Guys "Who's Gonna Fill them shoes" ... Expresses the same key need ........so a big
:welcome:

You certainly have some good taste in your musical influences there !!

and you have some some nice gear too ....a certain Scottish gentleman will be pleased to have another Vox chum on the forum

Enjoy !
"Death is just a heartbeat away"
lyric from "Out in The Fields"
Gary Moore 1952-2011
aggiefan

Post by aggiefan »

Thanks for welcoming me to the site strummer. I need to look up those songs you listed. have u tried out the vox night train? thats a pretty nice half stack. well thanks for welcoming me.
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

HEY :) :welcome: here.
Great gear end taste, I second that.
And lets not forget about you're awesome granddad :wave:
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
aggiefan

Post by aggiefan »

Yep my grandpa showed me the site.
Golfxzq

Post by Golfxzq »

:welcome: Aggiefan... glad you decided to join us.... super having you along.

Thanks guys for welcoming my grandson... he's a great young man, much more advanced with the guitar than I am. He's always showing me new stuff.
"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."
- Henry Ford
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

:welcome: Aggiefan - welcome to our little blues haven - or blues heaven - both descriptions fit.

As Strummer guessed I'm more than pleased to have another member join the forum who has some Vox gear (Vox AC4TV, VT15, Tonelab ST), although we're rapidly being swamped by the Cyber Twin tribe. :alright:

Great to see a range of generations and ages here - I will admit I was a very slow developer - I didn't really "get" the blues till much later in life. :wall:

Look forward to seeing you around on the forum - have fun. And don't forget - keep your Grandad in line! :D
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
MojoJim

Post by MojoJim »

Welcome, Aggiefan :welcome:

I think you will find this a very helpful and interesting site. I've been playing for just over a year and the gang here has been most helpful with various questions. :thumbsup:

Because many of the folks on this forum are outside the U.S. you may need to explain the reference to "Aggie". Then again, maybe everyone in the world knows about Aggies. :icon_whoknows: :wink:

Good to have you on the forum. :wave:
aggiefan

Post by aggiefan »

Well MojoJim i am a BIG Texas A&M Fan. And You being from Texas should know we take pride in our teams (and our guitar players). but anyway thanks to everybody that welcomed me to the site. Oh if you like baseball, do you go see the express alot? :thumbsup:
MojoJim

Post by MojoJim »

By golly, Aggiefan, you sure know your Texas lore. I live about two miles from Dell Diamond where the Round Rock Express plays. The last time I went it was about 105 degrees F and I sat in the sun. Not the most fun. I'll try to pick games earlier in the season in the future.

For further explanation for our friends outside the U.S., in the early days the U.S. federal govenment and the state governments supported the creation of Agricultural and Mechanical Colleges (A&M). The students and the fans of those schools are called Aggies. The University of Texas at Austin and Texas A&M University in the city of College Station are the premier universities in Texas and are arch-rivals.

But friendly rivals. As Jimmy Rogers sang, "It's T for Texas, T for Tennessee". And it was some folks from Tennessee who were among those defending the Alamo. So there's lots of links.

Did I get that right, Aggiefan?

(BTW, I'm a UT grad and supporter) (and, of course, we are very proud of the famous blues players in Austin) :cool:
Pena

Post by Pena »

:welcome: aggiefan, your :oldie: ( :whistle: :D ) showed you THE PLACE FOR BLUES :lefty: :amp:
Pena
"The blues is a low down achein' chill" Robert Johnson
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Another :welcome: at 12bar! Great gear, great artists - great grandpa :wink:

(A bit late, I was offline for a week.)
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Hey, :welcome: to a great site aggiefan. I'll bet you like it here... got a lot of good people (your grandpa is one of them).
I too think Billy Gibbons is a great player (particularly his earlier stuff).
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"