Greetings!

Guest book, site news and suggestions, introductions
AngelEyesNC

Greetings!

Post by AngelEyesNC »

Hello all! I just found this page a few days ago and decided to set up an account.

I'm 37 years old and I live in Greensboro, NC, USA. I've been playing for about 3 years now, though I really started taking it seriously and practicing all the time about 6 months ago. I learned on an old, cheap acoustic that my wife's dad gave her before he passed away. In the past year or so I've bought two electrics from a friend of mine that used to work in a music shop here in Greensboro. The first one I got was an Agile 2000. It's a Les Paul knockoff from Rondo, but it's a really great guitar. A few months later he sold me his Classic Vibe Squire strat. I've also got a Fender Mustang amp, which is perfect for me seeing as how I don't plan on playing gigs anytime soon.

One of the first things I learned how to play was a basic 12 bar blues. Ever since then I've been watching online lessons and talking to whoever I can about the blues. I'd learn how to play a 12 bar in a different key, or learn a nice lick or turnaround, but it seemed like I just couldn't fit it all together. When I found this page and read some of the articles something just clicked and now I feel like I have a better understanding of how to play from a theory standpoint. I'm still a long way from where I want to be but I'm playing and improving everyday.

Just thought I'd start a thread and introduce myself. I think I'm going to enjoy my time here. Now I've got to figure out something clever to say for my signature....
Pena

Re: Greetings!

Post by Pena »

:welcome: AngelEyesNC... glad you found to this great site.
Everybody here will help you the best they can.
Happy :music2:
Pena
"The blues is a low down achein' chill" Robert Johnson
tytlblues

Post by tytlblues »

:welcome: Awesome place you found yourself to! Welcome aboard :)

tytlblues
Tytlblues

"Notes are expensive... spend them wisely”
BB King
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

:welcome: to the 12bar forum.

Hope you enjoy it here. You've found a great place to learn about blues. Some very knowledgable and skilled blues guys here, and friendly too! :D

The Agile and Classic Vibe are two good guitars for a range of blues - and certainly excellent choices for your first two electrics. I've been looking at Mustangs for a while but haven't done anything yet - I'll be interested to see if there's any feedback on your questions on it. Seems like a good piece of gear.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

AngelEyesNC You found us :) GOOD find :welcome:
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

:welcome: to this friendly Blues site! It sounds like you're on a good way. Feel free to ask us or upload something to discuss...
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

:welcome: From NM.
This is by far the best blues guitar site on the web. :big_smile:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

:welcome: This is the right plays for blues and friendly people you will meet here. :music2:
2WheelsOfBlues

Post by 2WheelsOfBlues »

:wave: angeleyes :welcome: here
play guitar like the wind, mysterious but definitely present....