Total votes: 5

2WheelsOfBlues

HoF Old men of the sea

Post by 2WheelsOfBlues »

I hope i doing it ok
If so i want to nominate this song.

Song; old men of the sea
link; viewtopic.php?f=6&t=771
But it will be not a dvd sow for the song itself; http://12bar.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2954
I like it a lot....

Sow vote :fingerscrossed: :wink:
play guitar like the wind, mysterious but definitely present....
VikingBlues

Re: HoF Old men of the sea

Post by VikingBlues »

I'll admit to being pleased you've nominated this 2WOB. :D

It's very much a collaboration and there's even a member of the team that made it whose identity is unknown to me (well there's two unknowns if you include the backing track creator).

My wife Sandra did the lyrics - the backing track magically fitted the lyrics perfectly with no editing needed and was an unusually musically varied, songlike and interesting piece - HBLs guitar playing was wondefully played and judged. I had the privilege of hearing his ideas as they took shape and as he moulded them into those wonderful soaring tones - riding the air like the gulls in the wind. I can still remember how excited I was waiting for the final tracks to arrive, and the huge grin on my face when I played them and heard how good they were.

The unknown contributor was that one that guided me - it made me dig out a poem I hadn't seen for two years which was the perfect fit for the backing track - it meant that my first choice of a vocoded treatment of the opening part of the song produced noises like bubbling water which was right for the song - this character even got me to sing better than I have eveer done, before or since.

I think it is very much a one off and I'll never be involved in anything better.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

2WheelsOfBlues wrote:I hope i doing it ok
If so i want to nominate this song.
Me too.
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Good choice! :thumbsup:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Voting is open guys :)
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....