Hello!

Guest book, site news and suggestions, introductions
doc

Hello!

Post by doc »

Hello!

I thought I would join up as I am an EC fan and play a bit. Just an old guy with too much stuff (call Delbert McClinton). I am working on new stuff for this summer. I just play some local picnic sorts of things.

Dale
kiwiclapton

Re: Hello!

Post by kiwiclapton »

Hi Doc, Kia Ora from New Zealand,
In the name of God, Eric Clapton and the Slowhand, Amen.
Strummer07

Picnics R Good

Post by Strummer07 »

Hi Buddy & welcome :wave:

Picnics are good ! :thumbsup:

Just follow the recipe ....Nice folk, sunny day ............add a cooler full of beer , some nice chiled wine and hey!! great stuff

add some nice food ..now its gettting good !!

add some half decent music ... excellent !!

Enjoy the forum .................
and tell us more about your best Picnic songs !!
"Death is just a heartbeat away"
lyric from "Out in The Fields"
Gary Moore 1952-2011
MikeJackal

Post by MikeJackal »

Hi Dale,

Welcome to 12bar, yes tell us a bit more about yourself. We are always interested to hear what gear you have and the type of stuff you like to play and where you are from.

Look forward to listening to you play.
"You Only Live But Once, When Your Dead Your Done...So Let The Good Times Roll" - B.B. King
"I'm So Lonesome I Don't Even Have Me No Friend, I've Done So Much Crying Will I Ever Laugh Again" - Peter Green
doc

Post by doc »

Well,

I started playing guitar when I was 8-9 and I am 50 now. I thought I was a hard rocker for a while, then thought I was a folk player. Quite playing for a long while while doing some school things. I have been back with the blues as my focus for the last 15 years when I have a chance. I usually play the picnic/BBQ things in the summer in the area. I put together backing tracks and then play instrumental over it. I am not hing special, and will not be quitting my day job anytime soon. A couple or the backing things I have been working up are at:

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10330670
http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10385630

Sorry, if that is not the protocol here as well as for the playing. I expect you folks are in a different league.

I have way more stuff than talent. I play LP and Hamer type guitars mostly. I usually play these into a 5e3 clone or Bassman LTD though of late I have been taken with a Tweaker head. I like to use some pedals as well as the amp. Skreddy Screw driver mostly and Boss DD^ or DD7 delays.

If anyone is still awake at this point I am impressed with your persistence!
MikeJackal

Post by MikeJackal »

That is the perfect way to share your songs, that's the way most folks here do it. As for the playing, we have some guys here who are real mean blues players, then others like me who are very new and not so mean (I've been playing 3 years).
Have a look around the bluesroom part of the forum to listen to some of the things shared by other members. A lot of the regulars have soundclick pages you can take a look at. I recommend VikingBlues, BlindBoy, HalfBlindLefty, Strummer...and many others but they are who sprung to mind first (sorry if i missed you).
"You Only Live But Once, When Your Dead Your Done...So Let The Good Times Roll" - B.B. King
"I'm So Lonesome I Don't Even Have Me No Friend, I've Done So Much Crying Will I Ever Laugh Again" - Peter Green
doc

Post by doc »

Thanks! I will check them out.
Bluesmole

Post by Bluesmole »

Hi Doc
and :welcome:
You're just a youngster here!
I've done the aquisition thing, like most of us, for years, but now I'm down to my 52RI tele and my Laney Lionheart, backed up by a Fender Champ, my son's 80's Mexican Strat and a Marshall MG 15 CD?, which allows me to use earphones when everyone gets fed up with 'Buddy Guy'.
For slide, I use a kidsize pink guitar with one pup and no tone control, which really sounds the business!!
Oh, I've also got a Yamaha FG 720, cheap but lovely tones.
Happy playing.
"Big Bill Broonzy, a white boy's inspiration" (1963), and the Blues ever since.
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

:welcome:

This is your place - and backing tracks are always welcome! :dance:
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

:welcome: to the forum Doc. An older guy that likes blues - hmmm - you might find a few of us that fit that description here!

Liked the melodic leads of your soundclick links BTW.

Enjoy the forum - look forward to reading your posts / hearing your music. :thumbsup:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
2WheelsOfBlues

Post by 2WheelsOfBlues »

:wave: doc :welcome: here

I now you will like it here.
play guitar like the wind, mysterious but definitely present....
Golfxzq

Post by Golfxzq »

Hi Doc, welcome to 12Bar. Lynard77Skynyrd is right, there are a lot of very talented Blues players on this forum. But... Don't let him fool you, he is very good himself. There are also a lot of us beginner too. From your description it sounds like you could be right up there with the more advanced players. And as for your age... I think you will be pulling the average age of this site down a bit! Stick around, you are going to love this place.
"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."
- Henry Ford
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

:welcome: to the forum. This is a great place! :thumbsup:
There are some great pickers here, and then those like me with more gear than sense. :big_smile: You will like it.
Like your backing tracks, by the way.
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
doc

Post by doc »

Thanks! I appreciate it.
MojoJim

Post by MojoJim »

Hi Doc, :welcome: to the site.

Delbert! He's a good Ft. Worth, Texas boy. Love those Jump Blues.
DeaconBlues

Post by DeaconBlues »

Yo, Doc! Zappin'? Welcome to the forum.
That boy ain't right...,

but he's big on the North Sea Coast of Germany.