I'm back

Guest book, site news and suggestions, introductions
jjbennett

I'm back

Post by jjbennett »

Well i've finished uni and now currently looking at getting a full time job, so i've rediscovered playing the guitar for hours on end, and then remembered i used to come here! *slaps forehead*

Hows everyone been doing?
12bar
Site Admin

Re: I'm back

Post by 12bar »

:welcome: back!

Well - more than busy helping out the :xmas_1: :lol:
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

:welcome: back - must be getting on for a year since you were here.

We've all been having a nice bluesy year. Good luck with the job hunting - meanwhile have fun with that guitar. :music2:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

:welcome: back.
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

:welcome: back JJ.
Good to see you back around :banana: :dance:
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
Strummer07

Post by Strummer07 »

Hi Buddy ............welcome back :wave:

How was Uni?? ..........you passed out OK I trust :thumbsup: .....witha good "Drinking" degree or better !!

I think we are all doing OK here ...a few new faces .........a few old 'uns disappeared to pastures anew ( No Jim the mod ... not sure what has happened to him lately ... hope he;s good.....miss his long rambling posts !!)

HBL, 12 bar and a few others ( VB, Blues2move,Kalle and El Mano plus plus ) are keeping us going with great tunes ..Check out the Blues Room........

Some interesting Collaborations a' happening.

I guess the board is perhaps a bit steadier since you were last here .....No uuala to get things stirred up ( Wonder how his studies are going ??)

Anyway welcome back, always enjoyed your inputs and that Ibanez of yours ............what are you playing these days ??

I echo V................B.good luck with the job stuff ......not the best time of year for it really ....but perseverance will pay off !!

All the best
"Death is just a heartbeat away"
lyric from "Out in The Fields"
Gary Moore 1952-2011
jjbennett

Post by jjbennett »

Currently only have my yamaha acoustic and my old classical. I had a Tokai ES 135 (copy of ES335 block) for over a year but had to sell recently for funds sadly, i really want a strat however, so soon i'll be getting an electric back :)

Uni...yeah...erm...i got a qualification, just not the Ba i was hoping for, some big issues in the last year so i settled for a lower qualification...i can't face re-sitting a whole year when i didn't enjoy ANY of the three years there. All water under the bridge though.

Thanks for the comments guys.
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

Welcome back JJ :wave:
Jan 15th 2007
jjbennett

Post by jjbennett »

Back again, two jobs and a beautiful girlfriend kinda saps time but i have some free now. Been listening to a lot of bluegrass recently spurred on by Union Station (they're on the first crossroads cd, man of constant sorrow is DEAD easy to learn and is DADGAD!) so my guitarings picking up again :) Hope you're all good chaps.
2WheelsOfBlues

Post by 2WheelsOfBlues »

:welcome: ..... again then :D

And stay this time :handshake:
play guitar like the wind, mysterious but definitely present....