Neglecting presenting myself...

Guest book, site news and suggestions, introductions
bluesblooded

Neglecting presenting myself...

Post by bluesblooded »

I have posted comments on the forum without properly presenting myself.

First, I want to say that 12bar.de is a great site rich in content with a great community. I learn a lot from this site and really appreciate it. This is a nice place to hang around. I enjoy reading the posts and listening to the blues.

So here I go: I’m French Canadian in the mid 40s. Of course I love the blues, and guitars. I really enjoy Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughan, BB King and many others. My guitar playing skills are way bellow my expectations, but I got over the fact that I would never play like my idols. Now I can say that I enjoy playing for myself.

Like many of you, I have built guitars as a hobby.

I’ve built two SRV #1 replica. The first one, I started with a Squier Bullet and gradually replaced everything (except the body) and turn it into a nice replica of SRV’s Number One guitar. When completed I sold the guitar and with the proceeds, I purchased a real USA Fender SRV artist series Stratocaster. I then reliced the body so it would look like SRV’s guitar. This second one was to me the best looking guitar out there. Unfortunately, the sound was not versatile enough to let me play different kind of music. Since I cannot afford to have twenty guitars, I sold this beauty last august and purchased a Line 6 Variax 700. So far I really enjoy the Variax and it works great with my Line 6 XT Pro live pedal.

I also own a Martin DX1 and Mexican Stratocaster HSS with Floyd Rose on which I replaced the pickups for GFS lipstick pickup.

Well that’s enough for now.

Take care!

Bluesblooded.
12bar
Site Admin

Re: Neglecting presenting myself...

Post by 12bar »

:welcome: aboard!
bluesblooded wrote:My guitar playing skills are way bellow my expectations, but I got over the fact that I would never play like my idols. Now I can say that I enjoy playing for myself.
That's what most of us do! :dance:
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

:welcome:
bluesblooded wrote:My guitar playing skills are way bellow my expectations, but I got over the fact that I would never play like my idols. Now I can say that I enjoy playing for myself.
Likewise... :cool:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Welcome :)

mhh I just could be that our idols are thinking.... lucky us..... we fooled them (grin)
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

:welcome: bluesblooded.

"Now I can say that I enjoy playing for myself". Well - that's a pretty good place to get to - a highlight in the blues learning journey. :thumbsup:

Enjoy the forum. :D
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
Golfxzq

Post by Golfxzq »

:welcome: Bluesblooded... couldn't let you get by without a big welcome from TN... Great to have you in the forum, this the place to be. It sounds like you are really on top of that guitar build thing... could be a great help to some of us who are just starting out.
"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."
- Henry Ford
Strummer07

Post by Strummer07 »

Hi there ....and welcome Blusblooded !!
"Death is just a heartbeat away"
lyric from "Out in The Fields"
Gary Moore 1952-2011
bluesblooded

Post by bluesblooded »

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome :beer:
elborgo

Post by elborgo »

Welcome to a great place :wave:

if you enjoy playing for yourself I'm sure others will enjoy your playing too :high5:
"and if you wanna get high
close to the sky
welcome to the mountains"
bluesblooded

Post by bluesblooded »

Golfxzq wrote:It sounds like you are really on top of that guitar build thing... could be a great help to some of us who are just starting out.

I dont have that much exprerience. I built one and refinish a second one (more like remove the finish). I've replaced pickups on another. That's about it. Of course If I know something, I will be happy to share.

If there is any interest, I could start another thread where I explain what I did with pictures.
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

bluesblooded wrote:If there is any interest, I could start another thread where I explain what I did with pictures.
I'm always interested to see how other people go about all matters of building guitars. Reminds me where I got it all wrong! :D
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
Golfxzq

Post by Golfxzq »

:dance: I think there would be some interest... I know that I would be.
"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."
- Henry Ford
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

A bit late, :welcome:
Pics of your build would be appreciated, great to see other's experience :thumbsup:
Jan 15th 2007