I still (sometimes) play electric

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
VikingBlues

I still (sometimes) play electric

Post by VikingBlues »

I checked out whether the Hagstrom Viking Deluxe was still Ok last night, and whether I could still play it.

The strings are a bit past their best - not changed for well over a year I think. I was just noodling on it through the SuperChamp XD while a David Wallimann backing track played through the acoustic amp.

It didn't sound awful so I put the little Zoom H4n recorder down in front of the amps and recorded a couple of attempts.

This was one of them (on Box.com) - :music2: https://app.box.com/s/sgkc7p9a597q8wwggn5v6gt57hkcadwx

No pedals, no editing / EQ on the computer. The Backing track is called "Emotional Aeolian Ballad" and is a mix of E Aeolian and F# Aeolian which gives a nice variation. I'm afraid the balance of sound for the recorder from the two amps wasn't very good and the backing track is a bit quiet compared to the guitar - I should have checked it first!

I did quite enjoy it and I seem to be playing even slower than ever. :thumbsup:
But I'm not used to the weight of an electric guitar any more - at 8lbs it's twice the weight of my acoustics. :sad:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
12bar
Site Admin

Re: I still (sometimes) play electric

Post by 12bar »

You should check that guitar more often :banana:
Beautiful tone and great noodling over the BT. I gave it a try, but the rhythm is a bit strange and needs some time to get into it. You've done well! :thumbsup:
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

Crystal clear and soft tone. Relaxed style. I like the song. Well done VB.......... :clap: :thumbsup:
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

SH55 Alnico 2 pickups - VB recipe for a perfect semi-acosutic guitar!

Thanks guys - glad you liked the noodling. :thumbsup:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!