Collab?

Techniques, licks, tabs, chords, tutorials
Kalle

Re: Collab?

Post by Kalle »

Hi Guys
I am interested to add a bass line in this collab.
Decide the chord structure and I could try to build bass line around the drumbeat.
Kalle
Tanglewood TW28STE (Shadow P7 EQ system) steelstring Dreadnought
Yamaha RBX 270 bass guitar with Laney DB150 amp.
Yamaha RGX 320 electric guitar with Egnator Tweaker tube amp.
http://www.soundclick.com/kalleinsweden
velvetlicks

Post by velvetlicks »

Kalle wrote:Hi Guys
I am interested to add a bass line in this collab.
Decide the chord structure and I could try to build bass line around the drumbeat.
A simple Blues in G usually goes G|C|D (aka I IV V chords progression)... so just playing a Blues bass line in G would probably be a good idea :rofl:

Don't worry, I swear I'll never post anymore on this forum! It's as much funny as it is (without me, indeed)
VL.
Kalle

Post by Kalle »

Hi guys
Added a typical 12 bar blues bass line in G to the drumbeat from velvetlicks.
download/file.php?id=2958
Now you can add some guitar tracks in G..
Kalle
Attachments

TwelveEight-SlowBlues(70 BPM)-Drums and Bass.mp3 - (2.91 MiB)

Tanglewood TW28STE (Shadow P7 EQ system) steelstring Dreadnought
Yamaha RBX 270 bass guitar with Laney DB150 amp.
Yamaha RGX 320 electric guitar with Egnator Tweaker tube amp.
http://www.soundclick.com/kalleinsweden
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

Firs.
Kalle. You realy have found the beat in bass playing. You start and stop the note exactly on the beat. Nice to hear.
Second
I will try to do something. Rythm and lead. Then the head of the collab can deside if it's worth anything or not. The master of this collab do realy deside what's OK and not. I will not push my self so it may take time before I have set all my gear and recorded this.
Third
How is head of this project ? Is it 12bar ?

And as allways.................Take care.
MichaelRobinson

I tried to play the accompaniment but I would just complicate it, so it will be wrong. Someone else can take that part.

As far as I know is 12bar the head of this collab, but I''m not shure. 12bar, which I think holding it all, does not have distributed the time frame we have to play in as soloists. Where do we start and where do we stop?

I'm sending up this draft in the knowledge that it is not possible to divide it into pieces that timeframe means.

I know 12bar don't have time for this collab before x-mas.

download/file.php?id=2959
Attachments

Collab.mp3 - (2.93 MiB)

12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

MichaelRobinson wrote:I know 12bar don't have time for this collab before x-mas.
That's right, plus I'm currently fighting against spam bots. So feel free to take the lead!
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Nice bass line Kalle - good foundation. :clap:

That works as a trio Michael I think. :thumbsup:
I did try and play around with a rhythm part to the trio version but it didn't work too well. I think there's a lot of counterpoint(?) going on in this and it doesn't quite lend itself to the basic I IV V chords. :icon_whoknows: Maybe someone else has the skills to do something here.

I can try and do a rhythm part to just Kalles Bass version and then if anyone wants to play around with lead lines or slide they can. I'm thinking of using a fair bit of 9th chords in the rhythm part for a bit of variety. No promises though - don't know if I'll find the sound and flow.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

Good job Kalle! :clap:

A quick and dirty try at this drums track, it's the basic blues riff.
I don't think it fits that well the track, sounds like something is missing.
Anyway, I just played it once hence all the glitches and mistakes can be heard... :away:
Though It's in E, just an idea of how it sounds.

download/file.php?id=2960
Attachments

12-8-SlowBlues(70 BPM)-Drums-Guitar_E_Chords.mp3 - (5.3 MiB)

Jan 15th 2007
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Just a very quick late night attempt - rough, no attempt at tone, and I think the guitars tuned slightly flat.

But in G - and bringing in some of those 9ths I mentioned. Dunno if it's worth pursuing? :icon_whoknows:

download/file.php?id=2961

Need to get to my bed - I'll listen to the VC track properly later tomorrow night probably.
Attachments

12Bar Collab Dec14 Drums Bass VBRhythm.mp3 - (2.91 MiB)

MichaelRobinson

VikingBlues wrote:Just a very quick late night attempt - rough, no attempt at tone, and I think the guitars tuned slightly flat.

But in G - and bringing in some of those 9ths I mentioned. Dunno if it's worth pursuing? :icon_whoknows:

download/file.php?id=2961
VB ...... I think you are right to put 9ths in rhythm. When I try to put my stuff in the rhythm wants fingers and head more than necessary and I miss a lot.
I think you play accompaniment. I trusteth in thee
MichaelRobinson

12bar wrote:
MichaelRobinson wrote:I know 12bar don't have time for this collab before x-mas.
That's right, plus I'm currently fighting against spam bots. So feel free to take the lead!
12bar ................
I know you do not have time right now and accept it. I hope others do too but of course I can not guarantee.

I think that you continue to keep this project. To me it does not matter that it is not before Christmas. I also under pressure oh sressad this time of year.

They uploads I do, you can see that proposal. Do not take it too serious.

Take care.
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

velvetlicks wrote: Don't worry, I swear I'll never post anymore on this forum! It's as much funny as it is (without me, indeed)
VL.
It is a pretty good thing to practice a rhythm guitar part on a drums track, thanks for your input in regards of this collab.
Though I have a question:
Are you Mr Dooley?
Don't get me wrong but the drums track proposal you mentioned to have personally played/recorded for the collab and then posted on the site - before removing all your posts - and the one in the link below sound the same and have the same duration....
tHYFNKUQ2aA
Identical tracks from the beginning to the end
Identical tracks from the beginning to the end
DrumsTracks.jpg (64 KiB) Viewed 14769 times
Last edited by vancouverois on Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 15th 2007
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Thanks vancouverois, I hope we get an answer, otherwise I have to delete it (at least for the copyrights).
MichaelRobinson

I'm thinking.

It is probably prohibited by copyright grounds to pretend to be the drummer who played it.
Just wondering if it is prohibited to use the drum track if you write about who is the originator of it?
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

First of all I want to know more about what happened. If it's not VL, we have to care for the copyright, and as long as it's not really public domain or self made, I don't want to use it. "Free" doesn't mean you can use it as you like.
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

vancouverois wrote:A quick and dirty try at this drums track, it's the basic blues riff.
I don't think it fits that well the track, sounds like something is missing.
Anyway, I just played it once hence all the glitches and mistakes can be heard... :away:
Though It's in E, just an idea of how it sounds.

download/file.php?id=2960
I think this is certainly more in the "accepted" blues style than my hybrid version. I'll admit I find it very difficult to judge the merits of a backing track with just drums, bass and rhythm - it often sounds pretty dull and then some good player puts a lead part down and it sounds great. If the lead player is good I have a feeling it can work in the interests of the whole project that the backing is straightforward. If teh lead player is "dodgy" (like me) then some extra colour in the backing helps to hide that.

Given the current situation on the drum track - well spotted VC! - I'm anticipating we'll not be able to use it, and you're quite right to abandon it if there's any doubt Gerd. I'll have a ferret around on my PC files and see if there's any drum only tracks that are OK to use - I'll also have a look on the internet and see if there's any that are available on a use however you wish basis.