New kid in town...

Guest book, site news and suggestions, introductions
drrock

New kid in town...

Post by drrock »

Hi everyone,
Found this gigantic blues page by pure luck! Thanx, Gerd, for the job done...
I`d simply like to íntroduce myself; I`m Stefan, from Munich, Germany , 37 years young, and, like David Coverdale would say:" I love the blues, it tells my story, if you never felt it you will never understand..."
I used to play drums and brass for almost 20 years before changing to guitar last year. My favourite guitar is a beautyful Epihone Les Paul Standard Honeyburst named "Janis" but I also use a black strat-copy named "Candy" and a 60ìes Framus Jumbo 12 string acoustic from time to time. My gear consists of a Fender Bluse Junior Amp from the Hot Rod Series, a Dunlop Cry Baby and an Electro Harmonix "Big Muff" if things are getting fuzzed! Favourite guitar players include E.C, of course, SRV, the Kings (Albert, B.B. and Freddy), Albert Collins, Hendrix, and most of all, my absolute idol, the one and only Mr. Warren Haynes.
So far for today, greetings to every blues fanatic out there, and...

"Don`t forget o boogie..."
Strummer07

Re: New kid in town...

Post by Strummer07 »

:welcome: drrock !!

You have some solid gear there !! Janis and Candy Eh !!

Warren Haynes .Soulshine .. one of my favorite numbers ( amongst many others mind!!)

Enjoy !
"Death is just a heartbeat away"
lyric from "Out in The Fields"
Gary Moore 1952-2011
Bluesmole

Post by Bluesmole »

Herzlich Willkommen junger Mann!
It's great to hear that the Blues are alive and well in beautiful Munich. :welcome: :welcome:
"Big Bill Broonzy, a white boy's inspiration" (1963), and the Blues ever since.
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Another :welcome: - you'll lower our mean age a lot! :lol:

Herzliches Moin vom anderen Ende der Republik!
oneeyedslide

Post by oneeyedslide »

Welcome from this part of the world drrock!! Almost 20? Wow!! Nice to see young talent picking up the torch.
At least you're older than my grandkids (not by much). You've found a great site!!
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

:welcome: from New Mexico. You'll enjoy it here, this is a good site. :thumbsup:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
HoochieCoochieMan

Post by HoochieCoochieMan »

posting.php?mode=reply&f=1&t=162# (still can't work the smilies)

Welcome indeed ddrock. I'm new myself - just been here 2 days - but it's a great place to be.
Golfxzq

Post by Golfxzq »

:welcome: Welcome ddrock... something in common; I too played trumpet for many years and decided to try guitar a little less than a year ago. It's a mighty contrast in instruments, but fun to learn something new. Sounds like you have quite the set up there for only playing guitar for abut a year. You are going to really like this forum.

Another "Geaser" :oldie:
"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."
- Henry Ford
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Welcome from a neighbour (Netherlands) :welcome:

Wow it's raining new additions to our great 12bar family :bb:
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
lp1holl

Post by lp1holl »

Wow, if he lowers your median age, I sink it like a rock. I'm 18 years old, a Dallas-based college student who just started playing guitar about three months ago, teaching myself. I'm now hooked on blues and hope that you guys can help me out if I need anything, I seem to be the :baby: of the site. Anyway, love the page, my favorite on the web, I found it accidentally while looking for scales, and it is wonderful. If you guys would chime in on my "Buying first electric, need help" thread it would be much appreciated. I'm already getting alot of awesome feedback, but would like to know what everyone thinks. Anyway, love the site, and I'm sure I'll talk to you guys again real soon. :handshake:
"Nothing shuts my piehole but pie."
Golfxzq

Post by Golfxzq »

:clap: Another New Mexico blues player... competition Blindboy... :peace:
"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."
- Henry Ford
drrock

Post by drrock »

Hi everyone...
thanx for the nice welcome to all of you. It`s fun to get connected to all you nice bluesmen allover the world. It`s good to share our knowledge and experiencees. I started practicing "stormy monday" a while ago, but these chords are killing me;-)Does anybody of you know a trick practicing those bloody ninth-chords without breaking your fingers :wall: ? I mean any other trick than: "...practice, train, do it more slowly..." I really have trouble moving my left ringfinger to play those barree-things; it really hurts. :angry:
Hope to hear from you soon,
Have a great, peaceful and for the soccer fans out there: a successful weekend!
Drrock
Blackhorse

Post by Blackhorse »

How to slide 9th chords - I usually do this;

[youtube]Lz06-O9PJwM[/youtube]
drrock

Post by drrock »

Cool...
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

:welcome: drrock. Catching up after holidays and no access to this site while away so, sorry, I'm a bit late with the welcome.

Nice set of gear you've got there - that should help your guitar playing. Finding this site should help too - it certainly helped me a lot, even after a lot of years of guitar playing (badly).

Jeez - this sites been busy this last week - I'm getting repetitive strain injury with all these posts. :big_smile:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!