Hello people of 12bar forums

Guest book, site news and suggestions, introductions
steveo

Hello people of 12bar forums

Post by steveo »

:wave:
Hi everyone. I'm new to the forums. For the past few weeks I'v been coming to this site to use the scale and chord generator.So I decided to register.

My name is Steve, I'm 21. Born and raised in Chicago Illinois. I don't know a lot about guitar parts or hardware or music theory, but I can play decent enough to play some blues. I haven't explored much music than blues when it comes to guitar playing. Heavily influenced by Hendrix and Stevie of course, BB, Clapton, Buddy etc.

My dream is to become an amazing guitarist.(and I will be with time and practice) I been playing for about 4 years. I practice hours a day everyday. but i still feel like i should be a lot better than i am.(probably because i need to start exploring the neck more) which i started doing. Learning the 5 positions and what not. I'm not too great at playing with other people. I have hardly any experience doing so. All self taught from videos and guitar lessons on the internet. I'm hoping to learn a lot from this site/forums.

Looking forward to staying connected to these forums. :big_smile:

Oh and i play a guitar i put together myself. Sunburst Squier Strat body, Hot Rod Samarium Cobalt pickups, and i bought a Maple stratocaster neck off ebay. put it all together myself.
-Steve
Blindboy

Re: Hello people of 12bar forums

Post by Blindboy »

:welcome: to the forum Steve. You are in a great city to observe blues! A good buddy of mine... Scotty, who used to blow harp and sing with me, came from there and had great stories about the blues clubs.
Aside from that, this forum is about the best place to learn about blues. :thumbsup: Looking forward to hearing more from you.
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

:welcome:
steveo wrote:My name is Steve, I'm 21. Born and raised in Chicago Illinois.
That alone is already a perfect start to play the Blues!

Your visions sound good, I'm sure you'll do it well! You also lower the average age here a lot :lol:

As for band playing - we have excellent players here with and without a band. You can always start a collaboration and play with us.... :banana:
tytlblues

Post by tytlblues »

:welcome: Howdy from Texas!!! Great board and a bunch of awesome dudes and dudette's !
Tytlblues

"Notes are expensive... spend them wisely”
BB King
Strummer07

Post by Strummer07 »

:wave: Hi there Steveo
You're more than welcome here .....Plenty of folk to talk with, learn from and collaborations of all shapes and sizes.
A blues room to post your stuff .and get some feedback if you want it ( You'll probably get some ... even if you don't ask for it !! :D )

If your wanting to be a bluesman .........this is the place to be !!
"Death is just a heartbeat away"
lyric from "Out in The Fields"
Gary Moore 1952-2011
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

:welcome: to the forum Steve.

Great place to learn blues. :thumbsup:

... and great that you've already built / assembled your first guitar after playing such a short time. :cool:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

:welcome: Steve,

A good thing you've registered and decided to introduce yourself :thumbsup:
One way of playing with others is get yourself involved in collabs. We do these things quite often here.
If I remember well I noticed ther's one starting up now.

We don't mind playing skills between us all :) we're all here to have a good time with blues music and enjoy it to hear others. After a while the progress someone makes becomes so clear. sheer joy ! :chicken: :bb:
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
steveo

Post by steveo »

Thanks everyone for the nice welcome.

I'll probably come around and join a collaboration. I've already listened to a handful of them that you guys have put up. I'm very impressed. I think its pretty cool how everyone is from all over the world on this forum. And how everyone seems to know English so well.

So far I have only experienced 1 blues bar. On my 21st birthday 2 months ago. Which was kingson minds. Supposedly one of the best blues bars in Chicago.
Next week sometime i plan to go to Buddy Guy Legends.
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

:welcome: Steveo :wave:
Glad you registered and introduced yourself.
Buddy Guy's Legends... Lucky you :thumbsup:
Jan 15th 2007
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

:welcome: Steve to a great forum. Here you can find different level of guitarists. Hope you will learn a lot. :music2:
choucas09

Post by choucas09 »

Hello and welcome Steve. Nice to know you're from the city where the blues went electric. Particularly nice to know you've put together your own guitar. Please post a picture of it. I've not heard of cobalt pickups. Anyway good to have you onboard.
2WheelsOfBlues

Post by 2WheelsOfBlues »

:wave: Steve :welcome: here....
play guitar like the wind, mysterious but definitely present....