Man, this board inspires me!!!!!!

Techniques, licks, tabs, chords, tutorials
tytlblues

Man, this board inspires me!!!!!!

Post by tytlblues »

What awesome personalities and talent here, makes you want to pick up the guitar and create :) :music2:
Tytlblues

"Notes are expensive... spend them wisely”
BB King
VikingBlues

Re: Man, this board inspires me!!!!!!

Post by VikingBlues »

Add me to those having that view - my guitar playing enjoyment has been hugely increased in the years since joining 12bar.
Gerd .. and Hans ... have done us all a great service in setting up and running this wonderful forum. :clap:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

I agree with both tytlblues and Vikingblues. It ispires. My problem is that I Want to play like both of them and Tytlblues an VB is way ahead of me, but it still inspires to try new stuff.
losaavedra

Post by losaavedra »

Yup! I've come here every day since I joined (although I can't seem to get 'automatically log me on' to work) as there's always something going on that's inspirational. Clearly I need to finally sort out my recording issues, the difference between what I hear through cans vs. what gets into recorder ... so that's got me putting together a new amp at present. Great forum, got something others I've joined just don't match.
Mike
"I feel more like I do now than when I first came on" (Ronnie Scott, Maidstone)
2WheelsOfBlues

Post by 2WheelsOfBlues »

It's treu.
I lisen very often here to songs.
And learn a lot from you guys.
play guitar like the wind, mysterious but definitely present....
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Yep... I had pretty much hung up my guitars when I found this forum. Two of my closest friends and playing buddies had died, another had moved away, the local music scene had pretty much faded away. I wasn't getting any enjoyment or inspiration playing by myself. Then I found this forum, with its friendly and supportive members. Y'all inspired me to get a Line6 interface and start playing again. The diversity and talent here is great, and the community can't be beat. :big_smile:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

For me it's still my Internet and musical home.

Remember, Gerd started this forum and managed it by himself for years, I joined in 2007 or so and after quite a while, started assisting Gerd. (not that he needs a whole lot of assistance :)

The real strength of 12bar is it's awesome members community. :clap: :beer:
Apart from the odd spammer, there is almost no need for any moderating work. So I keep myself busy with changing double quotes in subject to single quotes :high5:
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

HalfBlindLefty wrote:The real strength of 12bar is it's awesome members community. :clap: :beer:
So true - a big thanks to all members :pray:
Many other forums have problems with trolls or rude members, and I'm very thankful that this is such a friendly and helpful community.
Another big thanks to Hans for helping out in bad times! :beer:

Needless to say that it inspires me, too, I want to play much more than I actually have the time for.
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

losaavedra wrote:(although I can't seem to get 'automatically log me on' to work)
You need cookies enabled - are they? :wink:
losaavedra

Post by losaavedra »

Gerd ... re. Cookies
... well it seems so, I have many many cookies, including four for 12bar.de but in the case of other sites I'm getting logged in simultaneously and automatically with every visit (from my own machine here) whereas with 12bar I need to specifically log on (my 12bar username name and password is conveniently remembered for me by some part of Firefox 5.0 or Windows) and although this then only involves hitting the button 'logon' I find I'm only logging on when when I've something to reply to in a thread as I can read and listen to stuff without doing so as a 'guest'. I've got a 12bar tab open , as a guest, every day from when I get up in the morning, say 8am, until well past midnight. If my automatic logon worked at least I'd appear as a registered user!!!!! None of this is a particular inconvenience to me, but something isn't quite right somewhere.
Mike
"I feel more like I do now than when I first came on" (Ronnie Scott, Maidstone)
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Maybe this:
faq.php#f0r2
helps?

Usually you are logged in automatically, even if you close Firefox between the sessions. This is the default behavior. Maybe you need to delete all cookies once if something is broken.
BadBluesPlayer

Post by BadBluesPlayer »

There are a bunch of pleasant and supportive people on this board. I have really enjoyed everybody here.

Everybody's really helpful and there's not much arguing or posturing.

There are a lot of guys here with home studios who have all kinds of recording gear.
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Another thing I like about the 12bar forum is the tolerance of members as to other members choice of gear. :thumbsup:

Here's a couple of comments I got on another forum when I'd mentioned having / playing a PRS SE

first:-
"It frurstrates me that people consider SE models to be "PRS". These guitars simply devalue the range. They are no more than box standard far eastern guitars - with a badge - which you then pay a premium for because of the badge.
I am all for paying for quality but not MARKETING HYPE."

and later in the same thread from another member:-
"As for a PRS SE, well why bother, it's just a budget brand which relys on snob value. Loads of people have PRS guitars in cases that never see the light of day and are purely an investment which is exactly the point that underlies this whole thread..."

...and that on a forum that bills itself as "most friendly"

Difficult to respect people who give others no respect. :sad:
12bar wrote:
HalfBlindLefty wrote:The real strength of 12bar is it's awesome members community. :clap: :beer:
So true - a big thanks to all members :pray:
Many other forums have problems with trolls or rude members, and I'm very thankful that this is such a friendly and helpful community.
Another big thanks to Hans for helping out in bad times! :beer:
The behaviour in the ranks of an organisation is often a reflection of the attitudes and example of the leadership! :clap:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
tytlblues

Post by tytlblues »

Ha Ha Ha...so true VB, over on the jazz board, if you don't have a Gibson, or a high end custom built arch top by some obscure luthier.....then you are a want a be!!!!!

I'll take my Epiphone, Ibanez's , Tokai, Hangstrom, PRS SE , Made in Mexico Stratocaster playing friends here anytime!!!!
Tytlblues

"Notes are expensive... spend them wisely”
BB King
MichaelRobinson

tytlblues wrote:Ha Ha Ha...so true VB, over on the jazz board, if you don't have a Gibson, or a high end custom built arch top by some obscure luthier.....then you are a want a be!!!!!

I'll take my Epiphone, Ibanez's , Tokai, Hangstrom, PRS SE , Made in Mexico Stratocaster playing friends here anytime!!!!
And I have a China built guitar witch I changed pickups on. I do want a Hagström but lack of mony is the issue.
MichaelRobinson

Yes this forum inspires me to set up goals. The problem is to reach them. It allso inspires me to play. Like BB I have a lot of bad things in my background and I did not want to play anymore. I demolished some guitars and one I throu in the garbage bin. My background and all that I live with inside my self, that's sad things that overvelming me often and I just can't play. So this forum want's me to play agin from time to time when the sad things don't overvelm me.