Sheet generator

Everything that doesn't fit elsewhere
MichaelRobinson

Sheet generator

Post by MichaelRobinson »

Hi

I was looking for a sheet generator and found this one . I have not put myself into how it all works. Have just checked superficially but think that it seems to be very advanced. It costs nothing and there are numerous plug-in's.

I downloaded this because I thought I would learn musical notation. A major task considering that I do not have perfect pitch.

Anyway, there's this: http://musescore.org/sv This one is in Swedish but I hope it is written in youre language too. If you can not find it in the link I posted here so try to google on MuseScore.

It does not cost a penny.
12bar
Site Admin

Re: Sheet generator

Post by 12bar »

You know the old joke, how to slow down a guitar player... :lol:
I can read and write notes, but no change to play from sheet. It's like reading a book letter for letter.
MichaelRobinson

12bar wrote:You know the old joke, how to slow down a guitar player... :lol:
I can read and write notes, but no change to play from sheet. It's like reading a book letter for letter.
Well. That's what I mean by not having absolute pitch and hear in your head what you see the lead sheet. I know what the notes units and can figure out which tones and beats so is which ones are which. But when I started with this as the song ended.

No. I do not know the joke but by the context, I conclude that it gives the guitarist a lead sheet to read.
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

MichaelRobinson wrote:No. I do not know the joke but by the context, I conclude that it gives the guitarist a lead sheet to read.
:thumbsup:
And how to make him stop? - Put notes on it. :high5:
MichaelRobinson

Nice joke. I like it !!
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

There I was about to Bookmark the page and found I already had it.

Must try and find the time to have a look at it. Thanks for the reminder! :thumbsup:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
fenson

Post by fenson »

You may aloso have a look at TuxGuitar, it can read almost any type of tabs files, and let you write you own tab as well, thus it cost no more than MuseScore and it's much easy to begin with ;-)
Fenson
"Don't be afraid by wrong notes, it doesn't exist" Miles Davis.
MichaelRobinson

I think the name was familiar. You reminded me of it. It had slipped away from memory. At the time I was using Linux, I have for me that I had TuxGuitar installed. Now I installed it on my Windows system.

I have a miserable organizational mind :nuts: and jumps here and there among the things soo even when it comes to guitar playing and computer stuff to it. So ....... I'll see if I use it.

Take care
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »