Election in Sweden

Everything that doesn't fit elsewhere
MichaelRobinson

Election in Sweden

Post by MichaelRobinson »

Hi, all

This has nothing to do with music if you are not named Bob Dylan, or something else related to the protest song and policy making.

Today (2014-09-14) we have elections in Sweden, on three levels, as usual. It's elections at the municipal level. At the county level and at the government level.

There are many who are angry at the way this country is managed in recent years. The gap between rich and poor has increased more and more.
Now it remains to be seen whether this choice makes a difference.

MR
vancouverois

Re: Election in Sweden

Post by vancouverois »

MichaelRobinson wrote: There are many who are angry at the way this country is managed in recent years. The gap between rich and poor has increased more and more.
Now it remains to be seen whether this choice makes a difference.

MR
The same here, we really feel politics are sold to the finance.
The biggest mistake was to join United Europe, since then we just pay interest rates to finance shylocks!
Jan 15th 2007
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

Yoda Google went by. The spelling and grammar is what it is. I hope you understand what I mean.

For me, the EU is difficult. Before the choice to join the EU or not, it was pounding from politicians that we will be outside the community if we do not vote yes to the EU.

Now, it feels hard to tear bands to the EU, for my part. Would there be a vote to join the EU or not I do not know how I would vote.
I know so much that I personally have absolutely no financial gain from being in the EU. I know that you give our country to pump in EURO in the EU.
A few years ago there was much in the news that Sweden paid more to be in the EU than what we got back. Then it was a financial loss to Sweden. Then well people silenced and forgotten everything and knotted his hand in his pocket, as we say when we do not show the anger we carry.

What can you do as a small man in a system of other small people constantly pumped with info from the media. Media has a huge role in how the government governs us. Media have influence and power over us that accepts newspapers, internet and television will feed us and we accept this recognition.

It's hard to get through the urban jungle.
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

MichaelRobinson wrote:The gap between rich and poor has increased more and more.
That's a problem of most modern industrial countries. But over here Sweden is often mentioned as one of the best, most social etc. countries - the paradise everyone wants to live (if there were no midges and a shorter winter :big_smile: ).
On my last vacation I didn't see any really big problems, only things that others would call luxury problems. But sure you have to work hard to keep it what it is.