A question about copyright

Everything that doesn't fit elsewhere
MichaelRobinson

A question about copyright

Post by MichaelRobinson »

A question of copyright.

This is primarily addressed to 12bar. Can I upload covers? What I want is to sing and play songs that someone else made. Is it allowed? Probably I'll steal lyrics and plays as I can manage. I do not think I'll get to take out songs by listening. I may as yet too little chord as I should because it's cheating to play lead guitar without being able to switch to chords.
12bar
Site Admin

Re: A question about copyright

Post by 12bar »

Michael,

this is a difficult thing... :icon_whoknows:
I want to be on the save side, that means no chance for music companies to charge me in any way. We all know that sites like youtube of soundclick are violating copyrights everyday, but they are big companies with their own lawyers. I run this private board on my own risk and this can ruin me and my family if I don't care for copyrights.
So, in short: please no copyrighted material, neither lyrics nor notes.
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

12bar wrote:Michael,

this is a difficult thing... :icon_whoknows:
I want to be on the save side, that means no chance for music companies to charge me in any way. We all know that sites like youtube of soundclick are violating copyrights everyday, but they are big companies with their own lawyers. I run this private board on my own risk and this can ruin me and my family if I don't care for copyrights.
So, in short: please no copyrighted material, neither lyrics nor notes.
OK 12 bar. I do not want you to stand as guilty. I will not try me on the covers. I stay on the safe side with BT's and my own lyrics.

Is that okay with you?
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Sure! :thumbsup: