Soundclick Data Gone Mad!

Everything that doesn't fit elsewhere
VikingBlues

Soundclick Data Gone Mad!

Post by VikingBlues »

I sometimes wonder whether the daily Soundclick Data about Listens and Downloads is always 100% accurate.

Just recently I had this daily report :yikes:
Much as I'd like "The Shame in Spain" to be so popular I can't see it happening:-
Too many Soundclick Plays?!
Too many Soundclick Plays?!
Soundclick - Too Many Plays.jpg (127.04 KiB) Viewed 4024 times
The number of listens that day is the left column, the right column is downloads.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Re: Soundclick Data Gone Mad!

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

If that are all different listeners the song should be rocketed way into the top of the charts. :beer:
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
VikingBlues

Re: Soundclick Data Gone Mad!

Post by VikingBlues »

Very true - and it wasn't even a new recording, so any mention of it would be buried deep in old forum threads. :think:

Would me nice to get a third number 1 - though oddly enough one of the two number 1s that I did get has hot just the one feedback rating - and it's a 1 star (my only one of those thankfully) which just shows that good box office results doesn't equal quality!

282 listens is more like a total weeks worth of number of listens to ALL of the recordings I have on Soundclick. Just makes me wonder how much I can rely on their figures? :icon_whoknows:

I did once have an issue where there was 15 too many downloads for a song in a single day (that really was an obvious mistake :eye_rub: ) amd it turned out someone had a problem with their download software whick kept failing to complete the job but soundclick was recognising each time as a success.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!