Mannish Boy Blues collab anyone?

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
Blindboy

Re: Mannish Boy Blues collab anyone?

Post by Blindboy »

Whoo Hoo...! That sounds good everybody!I particularly like 12-bar's solo up front. :thumbsup:
Weelie, I like that AlleyKat. I always wanted one of those.
VB, that Hagstrom sounds great... You should get it out more often. :big_smile:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
cruisemates

Post by cruisemates »

Nice mixing 12Bar...

I didn't know the protocol for mixing. I though you probablyu stripped the solo off as a separate file and imported in into the backing track. I made it clean on a separate track so you could do that. That's just my old days as a recording eng-ga-kneer coming back on me (see, that way the BT stay more consistent). I never though about just taking the pieces and sticking them together, but now I get it.
Golfxzq

Post by Golfxzq »

:music2: SUPER playing guys.. I loved it. My hopes are still alive !!! :thumbsup:
"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."
- Henry Ford
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Nice set everyone - well done! :thumbsup:
Blindboy wrote:VB, that Hagstrom sounds great... You should get it out more often. :big_smile:
I like the Hagstrom's sound - it's just I'm a bit lazy and it needs extra work to play the notes compared to the Tokai which sort of plays itself. Mab eit just needs some more attention to get a proper "bonding" to happen. :icon_whoknows:

Talking of sound, I love that singing real old blues sound 12bar got in the intro - really gets the attention. :clap:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
weelie

Post by weelie »

The timing on mine is whacked out of time. But well, just didn't have time to edit it. Also, sounds like I had the tone control a bit dimmed when I played it.

Anyway, I loved 12bar and BB.

The Hagström sounds surprisingly bright. Not a bad thing by any means, just a surprise to me. A while ago I was thinking of getting one of those, as the one I played was nice and light, and for the price it's a "solid" instrument allround.