Night noodling

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
StratLover2

Night noodling

Post by StratLover2 »

Hi All!

I was just randomly noodling after playing along to the ARMS version of "Rita Mae", and I decided to record some of my noodlings. This time it is a one track deal, as I felt that my playing was better served alone then trying to create a backing track for it. It gives it more of that concert single solo feel I think.

When I listened to it, some of the fuzz I feel in my solo kind of reminds me somewhat of the tone that Clapton got in some of the Crossroads festivals. I think I am happy with it, though it is basically just a raw jam.

There is nothing better for me after a long day, then just to sit back and jam with my guitar.

StratLover2

download/file.php?id=510
Attachments

Night noodling.mp3 - (5.74 MiB)

VikingBlues

Re: Night noodling

Post by VikingBlues »

Hi StratLover

I was impressed with your control of tone at that level of distortion - something I've never got my fingers / head round. Sounds like you were getting into the "zone". :thumbsup:
StratLover2 wrote:There is nothing better for me after a long day, then just to sit back and jam with my guitar.
I can identify with your thoughts on that.

I find my mood is quite noticably affected by what I do with the guitar and how well it goes. Probably dangerously obsessively so. :sad:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

A Jam after a long day is always welcome :D
You have a fair amount of fuzz/distortion, but your tone remains clear and
it doesn't seem muddy. Sounds good :clap:
Jan 15th 2007
StratLover2

Post by StratLover2 »

Hi VB and vancouverois,

Thanks for your kind comments! I try to keep the tone fairly manageable to listen to. I think the important thing is that I kept the volume down on the pedalboard while I was recording through the bass amp, that way it didn't come out way too loud or anything like that.

It was really fun to record it, because I just played like the recorder wasn't there, and I just let myself go!

StratLover2
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Nice sound, good tone control indeed.
Very well done (and I aint thinking of a steak)
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
StratLover2

Post by StratLover2 »

Thanks HBL!

Though, speaking of the steak, that's how I like mine! Well, I also like my playing that way too. ;) It was really fun to just record this noodling, relaxing for a change, not much thought. I'll have to look to see what amp I am using on the pedalboard setting. I originally used this setting for when I was learning Smooth by Santana, for the lead.

Anyways, thanks again for the comment!

StratLover2
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

StratLover2 wrote:Though, speaking of the steak, that's how I like mine!
I prefer - noodles :big_smile: ! An if they are well made (with some bite), like your playing - mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhhhhhh :clap:
StratLover2

Post by StratLover2 »

Thanks 12bar!

Listening to it again this morning, it sounds pretty good, so I know I've done okay. I thought it was pretty good last night, so that's why I uploaded it. Sometimes I hesitate to upload something because I wonder "It's night, and I think it sounds wonderful, but in the morning will it sound completely different?", but I've learned to let go of my fear and trust my gut. Thankfully, my gut was right. These noodles are delicious! Yum!

StratLover2
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

StratLover2 wrote:"It's night, and I think it sounds wonderful, but in the morning will it sound completely different?"
That sounds VERY familiar. :tears:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!