No Blues, but...

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
12bar
Site Admin

No Blues, but...

Post by 12bar »

Anyway some unprofessional picking... :whistle:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8b25mY_ZKg
VikingBlues

Re: No Blues, but...

Post by VikingBlues »

I enjoyed watching and listening to that. I liked your take on and variations on Asturias. :thumbsup:

The relaxed mood of the music matched the video footage well.

It all looks very peaceful and free of the hubbub of people - are there so few people around in these trips or is it just in the video editing that they disappear from view?

PS - that winter footage video that followed on for it - Boy, did that look a rough winter! :yikes:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

VikingBlues wrote:I enjoyed watching and listening to that. I liked your take on and variations on Asturias. :thumbsup:

The relaxed mood of the music matched the video footage well.
Thanks! I had to play it on my Sheraton, it's the only way I can record (don't have a music room).
VikingBlues wrote: It all looks very peaceful and free of the hubbub of people - are there so few people around in these trips or is it just in the video editing that they disappear from view?
No, this part is quite lonesome. That's why I search for these calm places...
VikingBlues wrote:
PS - that winter footage video that followed on for it - Boy, did that look a rough winter! :yikes:
It was the hardest winter for centuries. I made this footage with my very first movie camera on Super 8 mm. Many people died, but we all helped each other. It took weeks to open the roads again, because they were all full of cars under the snow.
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

That was lovely! The music matched the imagery very nicely. :clap:
There seem to be quite a few waterways for you to explore where you live. I have never been any kind of boater, but while in the Bahamas last year, my wife and I did some sea kayaking and had a blast.
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
fenson

Post by fenson »

A beautiful "phrygian mode" noodling actually :D
:clap:

PS
you might find this interesting... http://www.stanleyyates.com/articles/al ... yenda.html
"Don't be afraid by wrong notes, it doesn't exist" Miles Davis.
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

fenson wrote:A beautiful "phrygian mode" noodling actually :D
:clap:
Phrygian Mode has a beauty and character that lends itself very well to guitar noodling. A strongly guitaristic mode! :cool:

It's possible to find tranquility and peace in Phrygian - rather like those waterways. :thumbsup:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

The dramatic music fit well to the film/movie............... :clap:
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Thanks!
I've read a bit about this piece (thanks for the link!) and although I can't do it like Segovia or Romero I thought the main theme is a good base for this short movie. It's easier on a nylon string, but I don't have a way to record it.

The waterways are mainly used to keep the water out, cause most of this area is below sea level. Like the Netherlands... :big_smile: