Aching Pinkie Blues in C

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
VikingBlues

Aching Pinkie Blues in C

Post by VikingBlues »

As I said on the recent thread by Valentin, his improv over a backing track persuaded me it was time to get the electric guitar out.

The resulting recording needless to say is a slow, slow, slow blues. Not so much in first gear - I think the car is being pushed! :big_smile:
I think you'll find there's nothing in common with Valentins excellent version!

A single take, no rehearsal. Although some medication I'm taking for another muscle problem is easing the pain from the arthritic joints in my pinkie on the left hand, playing this started to aggravate it after about 5 minutes. So I thought multiple takes would be a very bad idea.

I did enjoy playing a bit of electric blues though. Makes a change from acoustic.

:guitarist: https://app.box.com/s/hbmiqtn8utf4ktj2pkdrx03c95v44f92
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
Blindboy

Re: Aching Pinkie Blues in C

Post by Blindboy »

It's nice to hear some electric VB! :thumbsup:
I was only able to listen to about half of the song, due to my sloooow internet connection, but I enjoyed the tasty playing and sweet tones.
I can't remember the last time I played along with a backing track. I still have no way to play into the computer, but maybe I'll put the BT through the stereo and make a vid of me playing along... We'll see.
Glad to hear that the arthritus is better. Even a little relief is a good thing. For mine, I find that ibuprofin and wine get me through a night of playing, but my hands are pretty useless the next day. :roll:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
Valentindanev94

Post by Valentindanev94 »

Haha,I am glad that i encouraged you to play electric :p Since when you weren't ? I take i think 4 or 5 takes before upload .. And that it's with every video that is on my channel .. :D But yes,in your case is probably not good idea .
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Busy days before Xmas, but I had to listen and was glad I did. Sweet tone and flow! :clap: :thumbsup: Sometimes the first is just right! :dance:
tytlblues

Post by tytlblues »

As I listen to this VB.....slow and soulful! Great tone as always! Slowing down always results in a more heartfelt approach!.....
Cheers and happy New Years!
Tytlblues

"Notes are expensive... spend them wisely”
BB King
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Thanks guys! :thumbsup:

I'm surprised - the recording doesn't sound too bad, coming back to it after a week. Or could it be that all the festive eating has damaged my powers of judgement. :big_smile:
We've now got the turkey salad meal to get through today, and the turkey curry meal tomorrow - one day it'll all be finished. :xmas_1:
Blindboy wrote:I can't remember the last time I played along with a backing track. I still have no way to play into the computer, but maybe I'll put the BT through the stereo and make a vid of me playing along... We'll see.
That ought to work .... seems like a good idea, particularly if it lets us hear you play. :thumbsup:
Blindboy wrote:Glad to hear that the arthritus is better. Even a little relief is a good thing. For mine, I find that ibuprofin and wine get me through a night of playing, but my hands are pretty useless the next day. :roll:
I'll need to see if the doctor will prescribe it, or something similar for my arthritis problem. I've still some tablets left which I'm continuing to take since the leg problem I've been taking them for has cleared up. I've hardly getting any pain from the fingers this last three weeks (other than from bluesy string bending).
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!