Valentin Danev - Christmas blues (HD)

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
Valentindanev94

Valentin Danev - Christmas blues (HD)

Post by Valentindanev94 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_Nfzt6 ... e=youtu.be

Improvisation on blues backing track . :) The only one christmas thing in the blues is the time of the year that is shoot ... :D and maybe my sweater .. :D

Comments and critics are welcome.
VikingBlues

Re: Valentin Danev - Christmas blues (HD)

Post by VikingBlues »

Played with passion and some searing runs. :thumbsup:

A real mix of fast and slow. I like the way you handled the slower passages and used that good vibrato. :clap:

On a personal level I prefer slow blues (but I'm an :oldie: ) and really liked the "Minor Blues (HD)" video of yours that followed this one on YouTube, but I can admire your technique and skill at the rapid fire runs. I'm sure that a huge amount of hard work went into developing all your skills.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
Valentindanev94

Thank you very much ! :)) I really appreciate your comment ! :) i would be happy if you and other musicians in the forum post their improvisation :) It would be nice if this turn into Jam :P https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzSpCI_DUss This is the backing track.
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Amazing technique - I'll never get there. Did you get lessons or is it all self-taught? :thumbsup:
Valentindanev94

My father is a guitar player,at the beginning he taught me and now he gives me advices how to become better or if i play something how to sound better or other things in that direction .. Now i study in Musical academy and i'm 4th year there .. this year is my last from bachelor,in the begging i was in the class of Veselin Koychev,very good bulgarian guitar player https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afT0Sdn-p7k the man in the right . And after 1st year i went in Nikolai Karageorgiev class .. Another very good bulgarian guitar player https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCS12QSVDzw Technique aways was easy for me to learn .. I have issues with other things .. :D I guess you can't be gifted in all directions .. haha :D Sorry if my english .. it's dificult for me to say exactly what i want sometimes haha :D
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Killer playing! :thumbsup:
I enjoyed the Christmas one, but, like VB, I enjoyed the Minor Blues track more. Seems like it gave you more room for expression and dynamics. Reminded me a bit of early Eric Johnson.
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
Valentindanev94

Thank you ! :))
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Valentindanev94 wrote:Thank you very much ! :)) I really appreciate your comment ! :) i would be happy if you and other musicians in the forum post their improvisation :) It would be nice if this turn into Jam :P https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzSpCI_DUss This is the backing track.
I will post up a version shortly of an attempt by me last night to play over the backing. But it will bear no relation to yours in quality, and my fastest runs will be no faster than your slowest!

But your video encouraged me into a rare outing for my electric guitar, and it was about time I put something sort of bluesy into the blues room.

No doubt that those teachers of yours can play too! You must be really dedicated to the learning process and a 4 year course at the academy will have given you so much insight and knowledge of playing. It makes my typical few minutes to half an hour grabbed every so often when work or home life don't get in the way seem to be a very ineffective way of learning. And it IS ineffective! :big_smile:
Valentindanev94

I'm far of thinking that faster playing is better playing haha. At my earlier years i was even more into fast runs haha https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07XT0Rg1YgY you can hear here .. But in the years i tried to incorporate more phraseing and more melodic stuff i keep working and before the academy ( this video that i post is before that) i was technical too but there i learn how if i can say - music works,theory and what i play actually and to know how it will sound before i play it . This kind of stuff and many others ... I think that the feeling in music is the most importantly.. About fast playing my current teacher says " It is nice to can do it, but you shouldn't " hahaha :D And that reminded me of one joke - You know what is gentleman ?
- A man that can play trombone but he don't do it.. :D
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Valentindanev94 wrote:I think that the feeling in music is the most importantly.
As long as you keep this in your mind, you can't go wrong... :thumbsup:

Being able to play fast when you will is great and sometimes a fast run fits a certain song, but nearly all well known popular guitar solos aren't just fast. Some are quite simple, but the way they are played is important. I'm sure you'll make your way.
Valentindanev94

Thank you,you are right about the solos ... There are guitarist like David Gilmour who aren't very technical,but when you here them .. All the notes perfectly fits and it's sounds complete .
fenson

Post by fenson »

Hi Valentin,

Despite both BB and VB eventually like your "Minor Blues (HD)", I do prefer your Christmas Blues in C, the way you come in is pretty interesting and quite well done :thumbsup: Also articulations and vocabulary sounds most interesting at least to my ears :icon_whoknows:

Agree with 12bar, you'll make your way, you're making your path yet :D

IF
"Don't be afraid by wrong notes, it doesn't exist" Miles Davis.
Valentindanev94

Thank you very much,i'm glad you like it,i think that the way i come in is inspired by Guthrie Govan .. He uses this kind of bends and he got one video lesson called - String bendings,they are 4 or 5 parts,it's very good,if you are interesting in this you can watch it ..
tytlblues

Post by tytlblues »

Listening to your YT right now....superb playing!!! Loving the tone and phrasing....... Great track, here is a audio, dont have a way to record good video now. You have great talent my friend!
Tytlblues

"Notes are expensive... spend them wisely”
BB King
tytlblues

Post by tytlblues »

Here is my meager take!

C Blues.mp3 - (9.16 MiB)

Tytlblues

BB King
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Nothing meagre about that take Tytl! :thumbsup:

The way you slide into notes and control those bends and the vibrato is class. It also feels like there's a thought process going on and a structure given to the solo playing. :clap:
tytlblues

Post by tytlblues »

Cheers VB....and thank you very much. Merry Christmas to you and your family! :chicken: :oldie:
Tytlblues

BB King
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

:clap: from me, too. VB said it all - great energy! :dance:
tytlblues

Post by tytlblues »

Thanks Gerd......Merry Christmas..
Tytlblues

BB King
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

tytlblues wrote:Cheers VB....and thank you very much. Merry Christmas to you and your family! :chicken: :oldie:
Merry Christmas to you and yours :thumbsup:
- I type this while sagging under the weight of far too much dinner! Getting too old for big meals. :big_smile: