Asleep on the Porch

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
VikingBlues

Asleep on the Porch

Post by VikingBlues »

A basic fingerstyle lesson got me thinking it could be utilised as a backing for a wee improv.

All acoustic recording - both parts with the all mahogany Tanglewood TW1300 parlour. Which is sounding quite sweet these days, but so it should given the cost of the Thomastik Infeld Plectrum AC111 strings on it. Nice Low tension 11s.

Nothing special - just a bit of gentle relaxed playing.

:music1:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
Blindboy

Re: Asleep on the Porch

Post by Blindboy »

Sweet! :thumbsup:
Nice and relaxed, and lovely tone from your parlour guitar. Nice fingerpicking on the rhythm track, too.
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Beautiful, as always. Perfect tone and pickin' :pray:
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Thank you Blindboy and 12bar. :thumbsup:

I had forgotten about this post and December where I work is so busy I've hardly any time for visiting forums and playing guitar. :angry:

I like having two Tanglewood parlours - the cedar top of one and all mahogany of the other make for two very different sounding guitars. I'm finding this TW1300 with it's all mahogany wood is good for vocals. I think I've seen somewhere that the fewer overtones from an all mahogany guitar means the guitar sound doesn't compete so much with my vocals and supports them instead? Does that sound right? I suspect it depends on each persons voice characteristics as to what wood sounds best. :think:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!