Excersize in jumping from major to minor

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
Blindboy

Excersize in jumping from major to minor

Post by Blindboy »

Playing in major pentatonic is a BIG weakness of mine, and a lot of the stuff I am doing live these days is in major :wall: . I found this bt which is a natural for practicing switching back and forth between major and minor. This was played cold, first take. I hadn't warmed my hands up because I am tossing this in in a brief moment of spare time. I hope to fuss with it a bit and get smoother with the changeovers and better at the major parts. :whistle:
download/file.php?id=464
Played on the Frankenstrat through the line-6 doodad, uncharacteristically these days, with a pick.
Attachments

FK majorminor1.mp3 - (2.78 MiB)

"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
Pena

Re: Excersize in jumping from major to minor

Post by Pena »

Now there is a real drive BB :music2: I liked the bt tempo.
I was wondering; heh, heh, how fast runs you would've done with warm fingers :big_smile:
Very well played BB, it got better and better, minute longer bt, and youd've gone sky high through the roof... :lol: :clap: :thumbsup:
Pena

ps. Can the bt be dl somewhere?
"The blues is a low down achein' chill" Robert Johnson
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Good one Bb - very fluid playing and the melodoc ideas in the soloing worked well. :thumbsup:

There were hints of something put me in mind of adistant relation of "The Stumble" - which is, for me, a good thing. I find major MUCH more difficult to get my head (and "inner" ear) round - in listening as well as playing I think which is probably one of the reasons I listen to Peter Green so enthusiastically.

Cold fingers maybe, but they danced well - I got the impression at the end you would have kept playing and kept accelerating for quite a while. :clap:

Like Pena said "ps. Can the bt be dl somewhere?" :icon_whoknows: :D
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

That's a challenge - very fast BT for switching! You did it really well - like the others said if that were cold fingers,
I'd like to hear them warmed up!. :thumbsup:

My thinking is too slow for it, and I'm so much into minor that I can't "naturally" switch. But it's a great thing to practice... :music1:
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Thanks fellers :shy:
Here is the bt, it's from a site called Jamtracks that I found here on 12bar... don't know about any copyright issues. :icon_whoknows:
download/file.php?id=465
VB, good call on the similarity to the "Stumble"... this is a generic Freddie King style thing and while I have never played the Stumble (leaned more toward Hidaway), I have heard it, and some of that may have slipped in subliminally.
12bar wrote:My thinking is too slow for it, and I'm so much into minor that I can't "naturally" switch. But it's a great thing to practice...
Very much the same boat I'm in 12bar, but I have recently been motivated to work on it. :bb:
Attachments

FreddieKing_Style.mp3 - (2.19 MiB)

"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"