Alternate Open Collab Invitation....slow minor blues!!

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
tytlblues

Alternate Open Collab Invitation....slow minor blues!!

Post by tytlblues »

I had done this open collab last month, and thought I would post this as an alternate to the uptempo Sweet Home Chicago track!!

Same rules...........play your part, and post it up!!
Chees, Tom

Edit: Link is now a MP3 file

https://app.box.com/s/qft3a2e0oj6jm5jr026jdr6ckvco9klv
Last edited by tytlblues on Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tytlblues

"Notes are expensive... spend them wisely”
BB King
MichaelRobinson

Re: Alternate Open Collab Invitation....slow minor blues!!

Post by MichaelRobinson »

Hello Tom.
Frankly, I can not transform m4a files to mp3 that I need for my DAW. There is a program in my DAW for conversion but I can not stand to use it. Something goes wrong and my patience is exhausted so I wonder if you can upload both this file and Hello Chicago collab mp3?

Take care
fenson

Post by fenson »

Just to let you know, not about to post for at least couple weeks... :away:
Riding a horse between my knees! I'm visiting my long friend Paul, a horse rancher and also a brilliant romantic guitar player!
I'm bringing my romantic
Ewelina#01.jpg
Ewelina#01.jpg (152.7 KiB) Viewed 14935 times
and this amazing Ibanez Artwood Vintage - AVN1 Parlor
Lily Friars.png
Lily Friars.png (107.56 KiB) Viewed 14935 times
... (Scale and size that might ease your fingers VB and a sound you won't beleive it's coming from a 380€! :wink: )
Bougth her couple days ago having this trip in mind, just after I've watched this review https://youtu.be/S2fk86UKaaY...
This guy says the truth, NO EFFECTS added while recording, no post prod either!

@Titlblues
Sure I'll post my contribs to your both proposed collabs... in a while, stay tuned!

@MR
AFAIK any ffmpeg utility should solve your conversion problems :icon_whoknows:
Since I still can't listen to it online,I've finally download your latest posts... Your hardly challenging yourself, and to my ears you do the job quite well!

Go on playing folks

IF
"Don't be afraid by wrong notes, it doesn't exist" Miles Davis.
tytlblues

Post by tytlblues »

Hey Fenton, I look forward to your uploads....those are gorgeous guitars!! Enjoy that ranch!!

MR....I changed both file links to now download as MP3
Tytlblues

BB King
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

I thought I'd go for the slow blues first. Having played very little blues and even less electric guitar this month I'll use it to build up to teh tougher chicago challenge.

Decided on the PRS SE this time and using (unusually for me) combined pickups and just bridge pick up. Plus a tweak to the amps line out with some software amp sim for a sound more in the same ballpark as the Tytl sound.

Here's a wav file on a box.com link (quite a hefty 52Mb)
https://app.box.com/s/v8zdeym848ttrxd7f33fu6lceu1n6080

For those who'd rather use lower download resources here it is uploaded here via mp3
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
tytlblues

Post by tytlblues »

Third try to listen...the embedded file seems to cut off and start over a few bars into your intro!! Listening to the box file now.....and YES....what a great compliment to the song!! Love that tone, and the vibe VB... :amp: :amp: OK, ramping up the intensity in the second intro....strong, strong finish VB....man, I love this my friend!! Great choice on guitars and sound....definitely doing this justice!! :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :music2: :music2: :music2:
Tytlblues

BB King
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Man! I would love to get in on either one of these collabs, but am experiencing computer hell. :wall: My desktop, which is the one I use for music, has died the final death... dead hard drive. :motz: My laptop won't recognize my Line6 doodad, which is the only way I have to play into the computer machine. Working on a solution, but don't know when I'll be successful.
So... Standing on the sidelines enjoying the music. :thumbsup:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
tytlblues

Post by tytlblues »

LOL....computers make our life easier.....huh? no sweat, they will be here when you get those hardrives under control!!
Tytlblues

BB King
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

tytlblues wrote:Third try to listen...the embedded file seems to cut off and start over a few bars into your intro!! Listening to the box file now.....and YES....what a great compliment to the song!! Love that tone, and the vibe VB... :amp: :amp: OK, ramping up the intensity in the second intro....strong, strong finish VB....man, I love this my friend!! Great choice on guitars and sound....definitely doing this justice!! :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :music2: :music2: :music2:
Thanks for those very postive comments my friend! :D
I did have a bit of a battle getting a tone that both complemented yours and the backing and that was not too overdriven for my own taste. The final section ain't so bad but I'm wishing the sound of the first section I played wasn't quite so thin. :sad:
I usually try and persuade my collab partners to take on the final part, or to have it as a joint section. :wink: I'm glad you felt it was a strong finish - a bit of a fluke that it worked out that way.
I didn't manage to look at the other open collab this weekend I'm afraid. Hitting a very busy (and stressful) week now so I don't know if I'll manage a go at it that soon - but who knows I might need it as a stress relief.
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Love to join in such a fine collab, but as you may now, my fingers are tuned way slow so.....

Edit: grin: wrong topic......
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

I too had to listen twice to know who's playing - it simply fits great. Tone, playing, everything that makes these collabs so great. :banana:
Can't wait for weekend to try on the other one. :drool:
tytlblues

Post by tytlblues »

HalfBlindLefty wrote:Love to join in such a fine collab, but as you may now, my fingers are tuned way slow so.....
UUUUHhhmmm.....this IS a slooooooow blues???? does not get much slower!! :icon_whoknows: :icon_whoknows: :icon_whoknows:

And yes Gerd, VB did a wonderful job indeed!!
Tytlblues

BB King
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Thanks Gerd! :D
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

tytlblues wrote: UUUUHhhmmm.....this IS a slooooooow blues???? does not get much slower!! :icon_whoknows: :icon_whoknows: :icon_whoknows:
Mhh, crap.

I was listening ( not logged on) while trying to figure out why my Yamaha acoustic has a 100Hz hum when plugged in. I must have clicked this Open collab invite in stead of the hello chicago one :nuts: when going for the reply

That will teach me. I guess I don't have enough female hormones to multitask. :wall: Btw: the hum persists.

Ok you got me :) , I downloaded this sweet slooow one and see what I can get recorded.
It's gonna be a busy weekend.
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

As usual, I wish I could be more daring drop on a little more emotion, if I have any.

Anyway, here's what I accomplished under the circumstances.

First tytle play then I, then tytle and then, who know........

My Old Friend-MR.mp3 - (4.89 MiB)

VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Nicely played second verse MR - I'm sure I detected references in some of your phrases to phrases used by TB - not direct copies but variations, which gives a sense of unity between the two players. :clap:
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Ok, did a first try. fooled around with two takes at the end, but here is a first stab at the collab from me.

mhh....
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

MichaelRobinson wrote:As usual, I wish I could be more daring drop on a little more emotion, if I have any.

Anyway, here's what I accomplished under the circumstances.
Good try Michael. Emotion ? Music is the best place to poor your feelings out and nobody will complain.
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Only a few notes and you can hear who's playing! :clap:
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Tasty notes and played with feeling - HBL flavour through and through. A very effective contrast in styles and tones of the two players. Love the phrasing at the fade out too. :clap: :thumbsup: