Hello Chicago.....Open Collab Invitation!

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
MichaelRobinson

Re: Hello Chicago.....Open Collab Invitation!

Post by MichaelRobinson »

I try anyway. Have a thousand excuses that do not work to get to this position. The only thing I can do is upload this file and run and hide.

It's still a lottery if I can upload a file or not.
I put it on Soundclick. http://www.soundclick.com/player/single ... i&newref=1

I don't know how the attached mp3 file got into this post ?? I did not paste it in here or did not do anything to place it into the post !!
How dit it got here ??
Attachments

Hello Chicago-Tytl-MR.mp3 - (3.07 MiB)

tytlblues

Post by tytlblues »

12bar wrote:OK, here's my try, only the first half. My fingers hurt a bit...
The tone is OK for me (fiddled through the recently downloaded megabytes of line 6 settings and found some nice sounds), the playing lacks practice and precision as usual - the tempo is out of my league.
I'm also again back on hard antibiotics (no luck after surgery, I've got multi-resistant bacteria) and they affect the nerves a bit.

Anyway.... :music2:
Hello Chicago Collab 12bar.mp3
Well Gerd, I say it's just fine! :chicken: nice sounds, and some inventive licks that meld it right in!!! :banana: sorry to hear about your continuing health troubles.......thanks for this version of the collab and hope you get some rest!
Cheers
Tytlblues

"Notes are expensive... spend them wisely”
BB King
tytlblues

Post by tytlblues »

MichaelRobinson wrote:I try anyway. Have a thousand excuses that do not work to get to this position. The only thing I can do is upload this file and run and hide.

no need to hide MR!! Great job tapping into the shuffle feel. :clap: :clap: some tasty licks also, and we all have to keep pushing ourself......or we will not improve! Thanks for taking the challenge....great job! :chicken: :chicken:
Tytlblues

"Notes are expensive... spend them wisely”
BB King
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

MichaelRobinson wrote:I don't know how the attached mp3 file got into this post ?? I did not paste it in here or did not do anything to place it into the post !!
How dit it got here ??
It's magic! :dance:
It detects automatically great uploads and puts them inline... :lol:

Seriously, it detects if a mp3 upload exists and if so, it places the HTML5 player in the post.

Great playing btw - the BT is truly a challenge!
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

12bar wrote:OK, here's my try, only the first half. My fingers hurt a bit...
The tone is OK for me (fiddled through the recently downloaded megabytes of line 6 settings and found some nice sounds), the playing lacks practice and precision as usual - the tempo is out of my league.
I'm also again back on hard antibiotics (no luck after surgery, I've got multi-resistant bacteria) and they affect the nerves a bit.

Anyway.... :music2:
Hello Chicago Collab 12bar.mp3
Very nice piece of authentic sounding blues there - and some great chord work. :clap: :clap:

Sorry to hear that the bacteria is/are being stubborn - hope it gets put right. :fingerscrossed: Even fully fit I would expect your fingers might hurt after that piece of playing.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

MichaelRobinson wrote:I try anyway. Have a thousand excuses that do not work to get to this position. The only thing I can do is upload this file and run and hide.
I think it's safe to come out of hiding! :big_smile:

You did a good job and it's a damn difficult task to jump over that particularly high bar that Tom has set here! You've also managed to do that while retaining your signature sound which I failed to do! So - good job of this Michael! :thumbsup: :clap:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

Thank's, guys.