Letting it rip

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Letting it rip

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

I did not have much time to play or snoop around 12bar, most of the time I just read along using my mobile, but answering to posts is near to impossible.
A couple of weeks to go and then life should slowly return to it's more normal pace :)

I have recorded this .... letting it rip jam earlier on, but decided to give another sign of life over here, so I excerpted a part that isn't too boring to upload here.
It's Fat Lady, Cybie and Gmajor on stage.
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
12bar
Site Admin

Re: Letting it rip

Post by 12bar »

Yeah - life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans, as somebody told us.

Glad to hear you letting it rip, with an unusual guitar setting, sounds like you enjoyed it. :dance:
I'm trying to record some lines for a video, but other than a 3 chord change nothing happened...
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

"Beware the barrenness of a busy life" - according to Socrates. Certainly true for me when it comes to guitar playing as my life is a lot more barren when I can't play much. :sad:

You seem to have avoided the problem by the sound of the clip here - no signs of being barren - some of the trademarks of HBL are still recognisable in the mix but it's rather different to your usual sound, and your style has shifted to take account of that. Good music too - I enjoyed the listen. :clap:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Thank guys.
it´s quite rare for me to play this kinda stuff, but somehow when I do it accidentally works once in a while
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....