Molasses BT

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
Blindboy

Molasses BT

Post by Blindboy »

Michael asked for this BT, so here it is. I don't remember where I got it, but I like it quite a bit.
Anybody interested in a collab on it?

G_SlowBlues.mp3 - (4.29 MiB)

"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
MichaelRobinson

Re: Molasses BT

Post by MichaelRobinson »

Thanks, BB. It sounded really good when you played by these BT. Now it's my turn, and perhaps several participants turn to try. I believe you I will not get to it so emotionally well as you, BB, but I make an trying.
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Blindboy wrote:Michael asked for this BT, so here it is. I don't remember where I got it, but I like it quite a bit.
Anybody interested in a collab on it?
G_SlowBlues.mp3
You can count me in on a collab. :thumbsup:

I will give it a bit of a play around tonight - see if it gets anything happening. Assuming I'm still awake enough :sad: - very buy time of year work-wise.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Thanks! Hope it's not copyrighted.
A Collab? I'll see if I get the time... :wink:
MichaelRobinson

Guys .............. I have tried me on this BT and I do not get it. It's too hard for me yet and I might never get to it.
The only thing that happens when I try me on this is that I get angry at myself and can hardly relax.

Sorry BB that you worked in vain for my sake. It was not thought of this BT. Sorry I took the time and effort from you.

Unfortunately I can not do a collab with this BT. Sorry, Guys
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Well - it's quite a fun one to play around with :D - though it takes a bit of listening to get attuned to the BT.

It seemed one for a semi acoustic so I had a go with the Hagstrom Viking Deluxe. Due to recent uploads here gear-wise I dragged out the Vox Tonelab LE, wiped the dust off it and plugged it into the Blackstar Fly for direct recording to the PC/DAW. No fx in the DAW. The Tonelab adds a lot and helps the Fly to sound rather more than a £50 amp. No fx added in the DAW.

Roughly stitched a couple of bits together - guess I'd be likely to end up with something along these lines. But hopefully better than this - dog tired and that doesn't help the playing - timing is all askew. But I'd be thinking this kind of tone and general idea.

:music2: https://app.box.com/s/cn3zc3ghfte7msnuhn99lg4pg4cy5alo
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Gerd, it is not copyrighted... (I don't think) I got it off of a free BT site, just can't remember which one.
Michael, sorry you are having trouble with it. It is very slow, which makes it difficult.
VB, some great ideas you're working with there. Looking forward to more.
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

My usual minor scale noodling doesn't fit, so I'll have to really WORK on it...
MichaelRobinson

Blindboy wrote: Michael, sorry you are having trouble with it. It is very slow, which makes it difficult.
Yes. I like the BT but I can't get the jazzy work together with to slow tempo. I just can't grasp it.

Take care
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

This BT is very interesting to practice out of the comfort zone.
Thanks for uploading it BB.
It's a bit of a challenge to play on "unusual" BTs, here is my shy attempt.

GSlowBlues_VC.mp3 - (3.44 MiB)

Jan 15th 2007
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

Another try with the Peerless:

GSlowBluesII.mp3 - (3.11 MiB)

Jan 15th 2007
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

There's a fluid quality to your playing VC - nicely done and a velvet tone! :thumbsup:

I didn't manage to get to a guitar last night, but hope to have some more playing along with the BT in the next couple of days.

Just to say I'm still on for a collab idea if there's enough of us. :icon_whoknows:
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

My first attempt was with slide in open G but this combination really didn't fit. No chance before weekend.
MichaelRobinson

Okay .......... Here is my attempt even though I am far from satisfied with it................... :wall:

Collab.mp3 - (4.06 MiB)

vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

VikingBlues wrote:There's a fluid quality to your playing VC - nicely done and a velvet tone! :thumbsup:
Thanks VB, I really like your try too, a good one! :thumbsup:

I guess the "gist" of this BT comes from the bass guitar and the slow tempo.
MichaelRobinson wrote:Okay .......... Here is my attempt even though I am far from satisfied with it................... :wall:
Not bad at all!
Jan 15th 2007
MichaelRobinson

Thanks VC.

When I calmed down after a hard-repair :nuts: of my DAW I will try again. When I find some pease in my soul I will try again. :phew:

Take care :beer:
MichaelRobinson

Now I've made a further attempt. Maybe there's some piece that can be cut out of this.
I wish I could do this better ......................... but the wall stands there ............. :angry: :wall:

Collab II.mp3 - (4.14 MiB)

VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

I think that Version 2 has moved forward well from Version 1 Michael. :thumbsup:

I have a feeling that this is a BT that could be worked at for a long time and still have us thinking we could do better.
MichaelRobinson

VikingBlues wrote:I think that Version 2 has moved forward well from Version 1 Michael. :thumbsup:
Tanks, VB.

I have a feeling that this is a BT that could be worked at for a long time and still have us thinking we could do better.
I do not understand this; "I have a feeling that this is a BT that could be worked at for a long time and still have us thinking we could do better."
I have tried to translate it into Swedish but may not order what the message is. Can you elaborate on what you mean. thanks
Now I know what it means. It took some time before the coin fell in. :aha:
Last edited by MichaelRobinson on Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
MichaelRobinson

Well.............Here is attemt 3. I made some misstakes but I hope it's possible to cut out a piece that's OK.

Collab III.mp3 - (4.12 MiB)

EDIT: It's realy hard to get that layed back feel. I don't seem to get it there.
Last edited by MichaelRobinson on Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.