The Last Word A VB & Tytl collab

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
tytlblues

The Last Word A VB & Tytl collab

Post by tytlblues »

""The Last Word"....A wonderful BT VB provided from JamTrackCentral is the basis for this great jam with VB. He has his PRS singing like a bird song, in his melodic, jazzy laid back way of playing!! VB lets me start it off, and then it was easy......listening and playing off of VB's melodies, the collab came together nicely!!
Thanks so much Mark for doing this....your playing is wonderful and soulful. :music2: :music2: :music2:

Ok, here we go:
I start it off and we alternate and have a little duo time at the end :wink: :wink: :wink:

download/file.php?id=3012
Tytlblues

"Notes are expensive... spend them wisely”
BB King
VikingBlues

Re: The Last Word A VB & Tytl collab

Post by VikingBlues »

I will quickly mention here just how much I enjoyed listening to the finished version this morning once Tom had done his magic on it. Way beyond my highest hopes. :big_smile:

I had the easy side of it ... I got to choose the backing track (so I could have one that suited me) and I got to play first so I could just say my thing.

Then you have the TytlBlues magic gets added :thumbsup: - very recognisably his style but tailored to dovetail and complement and fit in so well with my sound.

The transitions where Tom picks up from the end of my verses, and even more impressive where he lands at the right place for my already recorded next verse to pick it up from him is pure magic. :pray: Makes it the audio equivalent of a great relay team where the baton is passed perfectly.

I loved the backing track - mmmm, mellow :cool: - too long to do a solo improv on my own, but great for a two guitar job to give enough variety. Some lovely chord voices, unusual chords and progressions, though it does make it trickier for note choice. Oh and 14 bars - made a nice little twist.

Hope y'all like it.
Last edited by VikingBlues on Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Indeed a long one - but mastered very well! :clap:
Both fit good together, I especially like the parts where you were stepping out of the beat a bit. :dance:
Great tone btw! :thumbsup:

So many great uploads recently, I need to feed my mp3 player. :music1:
BigmamaDee

Post by BigmamaDee »

:drool: sweeter then sweet guys! you two sound great together! :clap:
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

Really good guys, congrats! :clap: :thumbsup:
Subtle jazzy touch and great tones! :beer:
Jan 15th 2007
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

Sweet, Yes. You two make a beautiful and leaning back song. Very pleasant to listen to.
The talking to your VB has forgotten how to play the electric is just talk. There you learned sitting in the spine, as we say in Sweden.

As said. Sweet .......................... :music2: :thumbsup: :clap:

EDIT; If I had a radio station would I broadcast this song. You do it so well, so it is worth spreading.
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

I'm glad you folks enjoyed hearing this. :thumbsup:

I certainly enjoyed playing on it and having my playing somehow elevated by my fellow collaborator. After so many months of not playing electric blues to have been involved in two such successful collabs as this and the recent one with Gerd - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3338 - is a real surprise, is baffling, and is great! :clap:

Though I'm afraid it won't stop me posting non-blues folksy stuff! :big_smile:
BigmamaDee

Post by BigmamaDee »

listened to the one with Gerd, it's super, little funky!
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

BigmamaDee wrote:listened to the one with Gerd, it's super, little funky!
Thank you. :D Gerd was great on that other collab - he played the lead at the start of the recording, which is a difficult and important part to get right, and then he had to fit in the rest of his playing with what I did after that, and did a great job of sounding like we were trading licks live. :thumbsup: I did enjoy the way the backing track almost went totally quiet in places. Suits my "even less that less is more" nature. :big_smile:
It's great on this forum to get to be able to play on the same recordings as such good blues players.