Black magic woman 4

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
MichaelRobinson

Black magic woman 4

Post by MichaelRobinson »

Hi

Here I have tried to understand and translate the constructive criticism to tones. I start stumbling and uncertain. I'm looking for how to play.
I myself think that the Woodo guitar do better with its strong output which easily gives distortion in the input stage. So I chose it for this version.

download/file.php?id=2901

No. I don't play as Carlos Santana or Peter Green. But I have listned to them and have something to say.
Unfortunately I have not Carlos Santana's band in the back and can not freely play as the band follows me. Therefore, I can not devote my time to get the feedback from the PA system as Carlos Santana may and can hang in there long, long time. That kind of sustain is impossible. So I think Carlos has a little too much distortion in his version. I try to keep a more clear tone, I hope. Carlos Santana, I like most of the Latin American rhythms. Latin Rhythms talk to the dancing part of me.

Peter Green has a better version, and also harder. He clears his faults with long reverb and echo. So far I do not the same reverb and as him. I have no echo at all.

EDIT; I write edit because I have been away from the computer for a while and thus the post. I have also listened very critical of my work.

What I notice following my guitar is not a solo singer notes. I notice that the text notes I have in my head does not work with it as I play. I play wrong and are too busy in many places. Unfortunately, I'll not let the song speak for itself. I overrides and miss many breaks where soloist singer sings out and then resting ..

That's the big mistake I make.

This is terribly hard to explain when I can not translate the Swedish terms for the English.
Attachments

Black magic woman 4.mp3 - (2.98 MiB)

VikingBlues

Re: Black magic woman 4

Post by VikingBlues »

Hi Michael - you mention
"...... and are too busy in many places. Unfortunately, I'll not let the song speak for itself. I overrides and miss many breaks where soloist singer sings out and then resting"

I think that playing just a few notes, and taking long breaks where the "singer" would take a long breath and rest, is one of the most difficult things to do in electric guitar playing of this sort. :wall: That was an area where Peter Green in particular was a genius. But it leaves every small detail of ones playing very exposed and needs a very good melodic touch too for it to sound interesting.

It is also tricky to get longer sustain when playing clean - but like you, I much prefer the cleaner sound. It's all a very difficult puzzle to solve. :think: I don't really have any answers to that puzzle so I wish you success in your search for that style and sound. Your recent versions posted of Black Magic Woman do show you are moving towards achieving what you want though. :thumbsup:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!