Is Just Different Enough? - Improv in F#

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
VikingBlues

Is Just Different Enough? - Improv in F#

Post by VikingBlues »

A month since posting a recording here in The Blues Room. It's "Open for Jazz and Rock, too" - so ... ermmm .... this is none of them! :tease:

The recording does have a bluesy sort of phrase at one point - does that count. :whistle:

Now I'm not doing electric improvs to backing tracks I've had to take to trying improvs on solo acoustic guitar - one track jobs with no overdubbing and editing and all on my own - a tougher task.

Thought I'd post a recent effort here and see if anyone likes it, or at least hopefully doesn't hate it. Full capo on 2nd fret + partial capo on 2nd fret strings 3, 4, and 5. F#, C#, F#, B, C#, F#. Fsus4 maybe? First go at an improv in it anyway whatever the key.

Starts off a bit slow and cautious while exploring what notes / phrases might work - all I had in mind at the start was the possible notes for the I, IV and V, and my knowledge of pentatonic patterns on the fretboard. Builds a bit as I get more confident what works - an accidental arc / progression results hopefully.

:music1: http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12854768

The Tanglewood TW73 Parlour - a beautiful guitar :drool: - I wish I was better at helping her sing.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
12bar
Site Admin

Re: Is Just Different Enough? - Improv in F#

Post by 12bar »

The improvisation turned into a sweet piece of guitar music... could be a theme for a movie. :thumbsup:
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

I enjoyed the improvisation VB, lovely piece of music
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Thanks Gerd and Hans - I very much appreciate your having a listen and being so positive. :thumbsup:

Sorry it couldn't have been music more befitting a "Blues Room" - but I thought I'd like to share it with friends anyway. I did have a try at an old electric style VB effort recently, but it just didn't work at any level. Where did that spark go?? :sad:

At least I'm enjoying where my music is just now :cool: - so I'm just going with it, and see where it takes me. Improvisation on the acoustic is a lot of fun - I wish I could get as much dynamic range and feeling into my playing when I'm playing planned notes or written notes off the page. :roll:
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

Good song. I assume that you experiment your way here and now when you play.
The song works relaxing to me. That's nice.
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Thanks Michael. :D I was feeling pretty mellow and relaxed when I made the recording - guess some of that mood got through to the guitar.