My style....

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
MichaelRobinson

My style....

Post by MichaelRobinson »

Hi and ho

As the speaker voice say; " Pink Floyd style " This is my style over this BT. I don't try to mimic Gillmore. Gillmore is Gillmore, and I is I. That's it.
I hear that I'm playing wrong here and there. It's hard to live with for a perfectionist. I play with pent up energy. I know how energetic I am, but do not get it out. I want to open the psycological lid but am stock in some old negative stuff.. I also worry that my lungs are not sufficient for a total energy release. I have COPD. Shit.

EDIT; Shit have hit the fan. I can't release my energy. I'm realy at the Crossroad. I don't know what else I have to give up to be totaly one with my guitars and the music.
I can't do like Curt Corbin. I want to be genuin but not die for it, like hi did. At the same time a know it's the only way to be genuin...... Crossroads.
I'm 56 years old and feel like a teenager. I missed something in my teen's. I missed to be genuin. Shit and shit all over.

download/file.php?id=2860
Attachments

Pink Floyd style.mp3 - (4.57 MiB)

VikingBlues

Re: My style....

Post by VikingBlues »

It's so difficult to play guitar on a piece in the style of Pink Floyd and not end up sad that the guitar doesn't sound as good as David Gilmour would have it. :wall: However he is one incredibly good player - on his day, like with his playing in "Comfortably Numb" at Live8, he is right at the top of the tree of the worlds best guitarists.

I would be happy to produce the guitar lines in your recording - there's no notes that sound really wrong, the progressions are logical and make a lot of sense, there's good phrasing and timing, there's a melodic flow and I suspect strongly that after a few listens I'd be remembering parts of the solo. :clap:

What you have played suits the style of the backing track and it's good that it's your style - I spent a lot of years before I started to find a style that was mine, and am very happy to have done so. So I think there are some positives that you can take from this recording.

On what you said about age for me with birthday #60 fast approaching I'm feeling a lot younger than that too, though in my case I'm glad I don't feel like a teenager - I hated the insecurities and angst that went with being that age. :sad:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!