A Very Dressage Affair

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
StratLover2

A Very Dressage Affair

Post by StratLover2 »

Hi All!

This is my very first song upload to 12bar. To be honest I am both excited and nervous. Excited that I finally get some music that I am fairly happy with recorded for others to hear, nervous about what comments I might get. I know ya'll are a friendly lot, so I don't think I have to say be gentle!

I'm very excited about this. I might as well explain the title. I've seen "A Very Minor Affair" by Jim (I believe it was him), and I thought of a sort of pun. I do horseback riding, and my riding discipline is called Dressage, so that's where that came from. The inspiriation for this was a youtube video, this one in fact: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mGNFTni ... re=related

One of the licks caught my eye, and of course, they named the C minor chord progression. I've always played in major blues keys before, and I've only recently been started on minor by my guitar teacher, who is an excellent teacher by the way. So, this is my first dip into the minor waters.. I did this at about 8:32pm local time today, so it might have a few bugs. I heard a bum note or two around the 2 minute mark, but I believe I recovered decently.

Here it is! My first contribution to 12bar!
Attachments

A Very Dressage Affair
A Very Dressage Affair.mp3 - (3.53 MiB)

Bluez2move

Re: A Very Dressage Affair

Post by Bluez2move »

I can't get it 2 play :think:
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Me too - a problem with the file format. :sad:

If you can try uploading it again StratLover2. Looking forward to hearing it. :D
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

I can open it, it plays, but only strange noise... :icon_whoknows:
ElMano

Post by ElMano »

It will open with VLC Media Player I gonna try to coverted it Oke?
You can't bend the rule, Every man is some womans fool
ElMano

Post by ElMano »

:chicken: I have converted it,........ so i think it will work on media player now :chicken:
Attachments

Coverted file
A Very Dressage Affair.mp3 - (3.48 MiB)

You can't bend the rule, Every man is some womans fool
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

ElMano wrote::chicken: I have converted it,........ so i think it will work on media player now :chicken:
Good work ElMano - works perfectly now. :thumbsup:

That's a good attempt StratLover2 - particularly in view of it being your first song upload, and it also being an early venture into doing minor blues improv. :clap:

Although I do think of the two that minor is easier than major. :icon_whoknows:

A lot of variety in your playing there - and a sureness of footing a lot of the bends. (Can you have a sureness of footing in something done with the hands?). I can understand your being "fairly happy about it being a recording that others will hear". Well played. :D
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
StratLover2

Post by StratLover2 »

Oops! So sorry about that! I think I just tried renaming it to a mp3 file. I recorded it in garageband. What I should have done was after exporting was converting it in iTunes perhaps.

Thanks for the comments. I've been waiting for a while to upload a song, because I didn't feel quite ready. Yesterday I did though! I'm planning to keep working on the minor. I might upload a major blues track one of these days. Thanks everybody for the comments!
Bluez2move

Post by Bluez2move »

Sounds good :big_smile: , keep on workin at
it man. And try mixing major & minor scales
that's the way 2 do it :thumbsup:
StratLover2

Post by StratLover2 »

Thanks Bluesz2move!

I think it went pretty well. Keep in mind I've been playing for only about 4 years. I recognize that I have still a lot of room to grow. I've been working on incorporating more of the major and minor scales in the major blues.

I wonder, will it also work in the minor blues also? Mixing the major and minor scales? I am glad that I joined this forum. I only wish I had more time to frequent it, as I just graduated high school, and I start college on the 1st of Septemeber.

StratLover 2

By the way, I used a 2004 Fender Toronado with Seymour Duncans and a Carvin V3 full stack with a Yeti Microphone for this recording, in case anybody is interested in what I used.