Popping up

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
ElMano

Popping up

Post by ElMano »

last Thursday Ive been asked for a couple of gigs in a Rock & Roll band to help a friend out that hurts his back. So i say Yes but i ask my self witch guitar i gonna use on wich Amp So i sound not to "bluesy" I Have the choice out 16 examples Lp's with P90, en HB, ES 335, Framus Missouri 1968 (Big Jazz box) Necktrue strat style etc And of course Black Betty. I have also a Studio pro 50 Peayveay withe halfstack cab, that i use to less. I pull out all of the possibility's. I am also the proud owner of a El Maya EM 1100 a rare kind of SG Built in the late 70's in Kobe Japan. Before it became famous the factory where destroyed by the earthquake over there in 1985. It play like a dream ore like a nightmare It demand on your mood. I needs a bit of time en you cannot just turn the tone and volume like you want. But if you put it right it is perfect. I put it in the halfstack just to get in tune and i remember me that i played here that way a two years ago when i had it as back up. I plugged her in without the floor board give it a little gain a spoonful of distortion, The bridge pu on 7 and the neck on 3 both tone knobs on 5. an there she was again. Out of here box. So let me know if you agree with me that she is one of a kind. Short, snappy en bone dry but full of blues. She also can scream ore snore, be creamy like a cappuccino. I think i use this to less But he what can i do A day has only 24 hours. :icon_whoknows:
Still dont know witch guitar to use for the R & R gigs :shy:
Attachments

Popping up - on the El Maya EM 1100
Popping up.MP3 - (4.26 MiB)

You can't bend the rule, Every man is some womans fool
VikingBlues

Re: Popping up

Post by VikingBlues »

I'm sometimes glad when I hear of problems like this that I only have a few guitars, although just 3 can be more than enough for deciding what to play sometimes. :think:

I'm not a rock and roll player so I don't think I'm a good candidate for advice on teh R&R gigs.

But if the "SG Built in the late 70's in Kobe Japan" is anything like the Gibson SG Standard it will be hell of a versatile and should be able to cope with pretty well anything. I was the owner of one of those for a while and was really impressed how it could play so well with clean sound and even jazzy. All the sound clips Gibson have of SGs on their website are full on distortion and I don't think it does the guitar justice. It was my wife's suggestion I tried one that led me to eventually getting a second hand one - very nice player, but had to go for financial reasons. It was when I looked to possibly get the same again a year or so later that I stumbled across Tokai.

As for your Kobe SG - she sounds good on your Popping up.mp3 piece to me. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
ElMano

Post by ElMano »

The El Maya is a story on here own It is a beauty with a caved top like a Les Paul From top class Mahogany Neck and Body And very recognizable because of the shape A lot of players want to have one but not many owners want it to sell They are build to compare withe the topline Gibsons at the time but before the factory get famous the earthquake damaged the factory complete and also killed the designer. The measures are the same as the Gibs les Paul at that time ( ive been told)
Attachments
maya8middel.jpg
maya8middel.jpg (125.69 KiB) Viewed 4774 times
maya7middel.jpg
maya7middel.jpg (47.94 KiB) Viewed 4774 times
100_5236.JPG
100_5236.JPG (447.58 KiB) Viewed 4774 times
You can't bend the rule, Every man is some womans fool
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Now there's a really nice interesting looking guitar. :thumbsup:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!