Chitlin Concarne for the Chitlin Crew

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
ElMano

Chitlin Concarne for the Chitlin Crew

Post by ElMano »

Hay Every body, My band is named The Chitlin Crew, and when we play somewhere we hear often If we could play Chitlin Concarne. I just spot a BT and give it a try BUT............. On the chops the program is not synchronize with the guitar. I dint know why, and how to fix it. I've been Using Music Maker 2007 and i dint know what to do. I record with a mic in front of the speaker, wired into the USB board, into the PC. I play the BT with the PC at the same time over a audio set.
For who wants to know i used the Fender on the Digitech 50 settings Clean British Amp; Compressor on 3;noise gate 2; reverb Spring: 2, Amp: Peaveay TK0 80
I hope you can give me some feedback :wall:

To access this shared file, visit this link:
http://www.box.net/shared/epukklqrl6
You can't bend the rule, Every man is some womans fool
Blindboy

Re: Chitlin Concarne for the Chitlin Crew

Post by Blindboy »

:thumbsup: Sounds great! I love this tune (both the Kenny Burell version and SRV's version) and have gotten to perform it once or twice (not too many rythm sections around here know it.) Would you mind posting the backing track? I would love to mess with it (maybe a collab could happen). You should get in on the Bossa Blues Thing collab that VikingBlues and I have going on. The way you sound on this makes me think that you could tear it up on that one.
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

:thumbsup: Nice one ElMano - and Blindboy's right - the way you play this would suggest you could have a good go at the Bossa Collab.

Love the Fender sound you got, and your settings worked well. :clap:

i'm afraid I'm not familiar with Music Maker 2007 but a synchronization problem might suggest latency issues - all sorts of things with ASIO drivers, buffer settings etc. I'm in no position to advise really - it took me several months to get my recording software to work with Vista. PC recording - great when it works, otherwise it's .... :wall:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
ElMano

Post by ElMano »

Thanks for your positive, comments lads, If i want to try to collab on the bossa blues thing where can i find it?
@ bb give you a pm with the link to the BT
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

ElMano wrote:Thanks for your positive, comments lads, If i want to try to collab on the bossa blues thing where can i find it?
It's in the thread Jazzy Bossa Nova Thing Collab
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=252

The third last post on the thread has the file BossaCollab2.mp3 - this is the one with Blindboy + Viking sections - the usual right click and save link to download. :D

Look forwared to hearing the Bossa Nova collab progress - it is a fun one. Hope you can try it ElMano. :thumbsup:
ElMano

Post by ElMano »

I found it and like it a lot. Post some riffs on the track soon. Thanks for asking me I am proud to play with you guys. ( And writing in English after all those years is good for my rusty brain hahahaha)
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

ElMano wrote:I found it and like it a lot. Post some riffs on the track soon. Thanks for asking me I am proud to play with you guys. ( And writing in English after all those years is good for my rusty brain hahahaha)
You're welcome and I look forward to hearing it. :thumbsup:

Your English is very good by the way. :D I would struggle to write one word in your language - we're spoilt in the English speaking countries the way people try to speak our language.
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

VikingBlues wrote:Your English is very good by the way. :D I would struggle to write one word in your language - we're spoilt in the English speaking countries the way people try to speak our language.
Very true.
Glad you are jumping in on the Bossa thing VB and I don't want to hog all the fun. :thumbsup:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"