First recording by me.

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
Thaumiel

First recording by me.

Post by Thaumiel »

This might not be the best ever all around quality. But this is the first time I actually manage to record something, so you're witnessing a bit of history. ;) I got me a new porta and a new amp the other day, and felt like testing them.

I have an Epiphone Les Paul Standard. Played it through a Zoom R8 with one of its presets and drum tracks. Dunlop picks and glass slide on middle finger. :cool:

The song is just a straight 12-bar in E with a quick-change, because it was the easiest to just get going. I'm open for all opinions, ideas and suggestions. :)

download/file.php?id=1986
Attachments

Uploaded under Creative Commons.
European Blues.mp3 - (4.82 MiB)

VikingBlues

Re: First recording by me.

Post by VikingBlues »

Sounds much better than a first recording! :thumbsup: I still have my first recording as a reminder as to just how bad my playing can be.

Rock solid rhythm, no bum notes, and slide mixed in there too - good job and well done. :clap:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
Thaumiel

Post by Thaumiel »

Thank you! It probably boils down to having equipment that is quite well. I'm not pluging a cord straight into a standard PC soundcard. I have that Zoom R8 which is quite powerful for its price range. I had a few retakes, too. I'm surprised how well the slide sounded on my guitar, cause the action isn't all that high, with my old practice amp I avoided sliding on it because of the twang and extra noices.

In the second bar I missed the first few notes, but it isn't that clear. Should hear it channel by channel, though. :whistle:
2WheelsOfBlues

Post by 2WheelsOfBlues »

Thaumiel wrote: I'm open for all opinions, ideas and suggestions. :)
I like to hear more :wink: nice one :thumbsup:
play guitar like the wind, mysterious but definitely present....
ratfinkdan

Post by ratfinkdan »

Very cool! welcome to the world of home recording! Good job on your first recording, you'll have fun with it, I've heard good things about the newer zoom recorders. Dan