'I Feel So Good' w/my Blues Band

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
Bluez2move

'I Feel So Good' w/my Blues Band

Post by Bluez2move »

Here's an old blues song that
we are working with in my
Blues Band :wink:

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9264896

We were missing the 2nd guitarist
but we got a good groove goin'
and I didn't mess up the solo's
or lyrics TOO bad :shy:

Give me some feedback :cool:
Last edited by Bluez2move on Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fredm

Re: 'I Feel So Good' w/my Blues Band

Post by fredm »

Sounds good to me :clap:

Only point I have is the intro lick. I think it would sound better in a lower key. I mean it will certainly get the audience attention at the moment no doubt, but I just think played lower down the neck would be better.

And I presume when played live the lead solo will be waayyyy louder. Good job there. :clap:
Bluez2move

Post by Bluez2move »

It's just a rehearsal :D .. and as stated
the second guitarist was absent :roll: , he would
be playing that part and the solo's on slide :D

thanx 4 the listen :big_smile:
Strummer07

Post by Strummer07 »

Well rehearsal it was B2M.
............but you asked for feedback.

I am a big fan of your music and you are amongst one of the best players who post on 12 bar.

But this was a practise and it sounded like it was............. a practise..... ( Its still a level i can only aspire to mind !!)
On a score of 1 -10 ................you (for me) usually rate up in the 7/8/9 region

This is a 6 perhaps it edged a 7 in places

I really like
the groove ..yup you really get it going , nice and tight , good timing.
I really like the voice and the phrasing ...given a bit of adrenalin running in a live situation .....and it would be there ...voice gets a bit lost in the mix.. especially around 2.40 .. it almost disappears...you also seem to be pushing the vioice a bit too much around here also.

I like the sudden staccato stops with either a bit of guitar filling the gap or a vocal ... really works well ( I'm sure there is a musical name for this .. but I don't know what it is !! )

Like the guitar ( I Agree with Fredm on the opening .........)

Solo part
Starts really well...1.37- 1.41 .........like it, bulding nicely
Around 1.55 - 2.12 .............really hot
2.12 -2.26 ... seem to lose it here a bit I feel.....kinda loses direction a bit. and some of the cleaness goes too.

and towards the end it just loses its focus a little bit, lacks Purpose and some of the sharpness of exection ..........( But B2M .....I am being picky here !!))

I know its rehearsal ...............but I believe this song definately deserves better ending, a more postive ending..... something that forces you to apoplaued and go Wow !!

Overall .a good practise session its good stuff and I like the number ......give it a club feel , a few beers ....... and we'd be cooking !! :thumbsup:
Thanks for sharing
"Death is just a heartbeat away"
lyric from "Out in The Fields"
Gary Moore 1952-2011
Bluez2move

Post by Bluez2move »

Strummer07 wrote:Well rehearsal it was B2M.
............but you asked for feedback.

I am a big fan of your music and you are amongst one of the best players who post on 12 bar.

But this was a practise and it sounded like it was............. a practise..... ( Its still a level i can only aspire to mind !!)
On a score of 1 -10 ................you (for me) usually rate up in the 7/8/9 region

This is a 6 perhaps it edged a 7 in places

I really like
the groove ..yup you really get it going , nice and tight , good timing.
I really like the voice and the phrasing ...given a bit of adrenalin running in a live situation .....and it would be there ...voice gets a bit lost in the mix.. especially around 2.40 .. it almost disappears...you also seem to be pushing the vioice a bit too much around here also.

I like the sudden staccato stops with either a bit of guitar filling the gap or a vocal ... really works well ( I'm sure there is a musical name for this .. but I don't know what it is !! )

Like the guitar ( I Agree with Fredm on the opening .........)

Solo part
Starts really well...1.37- 1.41 .........like it, bulding nicely
Around 1.55 - 2.12 .............really hot
2.12 -2.26 ... seem to lose it here a bit I feel.....kinda loses direction a bit. and some of the cleaness goes too.

and towards the end it just loses its focus a little bit, lacks Purpose and some of the sharpness of exection ..........( But B2M .....I am being picky here !!))

I know its rehearsal ...............but I believe this song definately deserves better ending, a more postive ending..... something that forces you to apoplaued and go Wow !!

Overall .a good practise session its good stuff and I like the number ......give it a club feel , a few beers ....... and we'd be cooking !! :thumbsup:
Thanks for sharing
I agree w/all u said especially the
end part of the of the first solo :D

The intro sounds much better on slide :wink:

We fluffed the ending cause the
drummer 4got we only went 2
times on the outro & I
4 got 2 come in on the last
lyric in a timely manner :roll:

But that is what rehearsals R 4 :big_smile:

Thanx for U'R detailed critique,
it's appreciated :cool:
fredm

Post by fredm »

fredm wrote:Sounds good to me :clap:

Only point I have is the intro lick. I think it would sound better in a lower key. :clap:
Sorry, I didn't mean lower key, I mean't, play the same thing only an octave lower. I'm sure you knew what I mean't anyhow.

Yep, playing it with a slide would probably sound cool just the way it is.

I agree with Strummers obsevations too. It will be a great piece to add to your set no doubt. :beer: