Another loopy practice (inspired by Golfxzq and Art of Shuf)

Upload and discuss your songs here. Open for Jazz and Rock, too!
Forum rules
Please do not upload songs protected by 3rd party copyright!
weelie

Another loopy practice (inspired by Golfxzq and Art of Shuf)

Post by weelie »

My practice sessions are comprised of me playing through my loop pedal. This time I was practicing a blues rhythm thing inspired by something in the Dave Rubin's "Art of shuffle" as well as Golfxzq's favourite lick (off the 1st BYCU book). The solo take off is inspired by the lick, I mean, I didn't exactly remember how the lick went, and the PC wasn't on.

http://www.box.net/shared/6mezsz4ar7

Squier tele (stock) -> Line 6 constrictor on "compact" -> Boss RC2 -> Microcube on "brit combo" with low gain, low tone (no effects) -> zoom h4 (no effects) -> reaper (no effects)

It's just 12 bars, loop repeated twice. Yes, I mess up in parts,but I do like some bits of it, so I thought I'd share it.
MojoJim

Re: Another loopy practice (inspired by Golfxzq and Art of S

Post by MojoJim »

weelie,

I really liked that a lot. You make the most happy, bouncy, finger-poppin' music I hear. It gets my shoulders going one way, my head going another and I look like an out-of-control bobble-head toy when I'm listening. Good job! :thumbsup:

It's really interesting to see how different people approach the music they make. We have many unique musical sensibilities represented on the forum. It makes for great listening.
weelie

Post by weelie »

Thanks, Jim! I sure warms my heart that somebody has so nice words to say about my playing...! Usually for me the litmus test is listening to the track the day after I played... usually sounds a lot worse than I remember!

I do like my blues smiling, swinging and sweet, not cold, hard and aggressive.

But, yes it's great that we have so many personal styles on board here at 12bar.de !!! :thumbsup:
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

HeyWeelie - I like the way you put these pieces together on the looper. Nice blues rhythm going on there - makes the foot tap. :banana:

It's the overall feel that really counts, not perfect notes. As MojoJim says - happy and bouncy - just whats needed for those Sunday evening blues. :D
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
Golfxzq

Post by Golfxzq »

Weelie... the first thing that popped into my head when I listened to that tune is "cute"... to me that's a "cute" sounding tune, I really liked it, a real toe tapper. Interesting to hear how you used my favorite riff. Good go :thumbsup:
"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."
- Henry Ford
weelie

Post by weelie »

Golfxzq wrote:Weelie... the first thing that popped into my head when I listened to that tune is "cute"... to me that's a "cute" sounding tune, I really liked it, a real toe tapper. Interesting to hear how you used my favorite riff. Good go :thumbsup:
I do get the "cute" reference. Maybe it were just "sweet" if I had played it with "Gibson" not the "Tele". :D
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Sweet!
That is very nice. :thumbsup: I wish I had had a loop machine when I was starting out. It would have provided endless hours of fun! (Back then, a four track cassette machine was HIGH tech)
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
weelie

Post by weelie »

Blindboy wrote:Sweet!
That is very nice. :thumbsup: I wish I had had a loop machine when I was starting out. It would have provided endless hours of fun! (Back then, a four track cassette machine was HIGH tech)
Thanks! I wish I had chosen to buy one earlier! Except they didn't have drums and they less memory a few years ago still.