2013 Gibson Les Paul Standard with Bigsby B7 and Vibramate V

Talk about guitars, amplifiers, effects and other gear
murraythehump

2013 Gibson Les Paul Standard with Bigsby B7 and Vibramate V

Post by murraythehump »

A quick review and update - I installed a Bigsby B7 on my 2013 Les Paul Standard using the Vibramate V7-LP mounting kit in June 2013. The installation was as easy as Vibramate describes. I spent about 40 minutes on the project, including a string change and fretboard conditioning. It's now been 10 months since the installation and I've got a lot of playing time in with this guitar. To be honest I am not a whammy fanatic - and use it infrequently - but I do like the occasional wiggle. I've been very happy with the guitar, Bigsby, and Vibramate. I give it an A+ on quality and ease of installation. I have not noticed a major decrease in sustain and the tone still is beautiful. Tuning stability is still more of a challenge with a Bigsby, but that is to be expected.

I know my Les Paul-playing blues idols (Michael Bloomfield & Peter Green) didn't use a Bigsby, but I couldn't help myself. I like the feel, especially when bending strings.

What do you think?
MichaelRobinson

Re: 2013 Gibson Les Paul Standard with Bigsby B7 and Vibrama

Post by MichaelRobinson »

You want to know what we thinks in the forum. For myself, I have just one question for you; Tear this no more strings than before you mounted a Bigsby?
12bar
Site Admin

Re: 2013 Gibson Les Paul Standard with Bigsby B7 and Vibrama

Post by 12bar »

:welcome: to the forum.
You haven't posted anything before, and I found exactly this post on another forum, so maybe you should introduce yourself first... :think: