Crashed Les Paul reanimation!

Talk about guitars, amplifiers, effects and other gear
ElMano

Crashed Les Paul reanimation!

Post by ElMano »

I was willing to start a new build I gonna build a replica of the strat from SRV that he called Charlie A Strat whit 3 lipstick Pup's But before a could start it off a friend of my called me that had order a Chinese Gibson ( replica ) Les Paul. As he arrived the guitar was damaged. The suitcase was oke but we think somebody has dumped the case so the neck was split the body and heel

He bring me the patient last Sunday and today i started to build a special skid, I mixed the glue whit a little bit of water to make it thinner. Put it in a small flacon and injected in the splits. Put on the clamps an now we have to wait for about 24 ours :pray: :pray:

Now idea if i am able to work on the cosmetic side and made it look a bit, But the mean goal is to get a working guitar out of this wreck :icon_whoknows:

In the mean time he received a new example and he don't have to send this one back So if it works His sun have a nice look a like Gibbie

You can't bend the rule, Every man is some womans fool
12bar
Site Admin

Re: Crashed Les Paul reanimation!

Post by 12bar »

:yikes: Oh shi... I hope you get it fixed! :fingerscrossed:

He got a new one WITHOUT sending the damaged one back??? :eye_rub:
ElMano

Post by ElMano »

I was surprised to But i asked it and he told me that the sender give him the choice. A send this one back and they send an other one whit out costs.
B keep this one en they send an other example but he have to pay for the shipping. An that is what he have done after he ask me if i thought that i could fix it.

The guitars is rebuild, and beside the cosmetic scars in good shape and plays like it didn't happens. Stays in tune, and a good action.

Some parts show that it is a cheap replica The toggle switch fell in two parts And the wiring is incredible clumsy. The tuner pegs are thin and it is a bt tricky to tune it sharp. The strings :alright: :yikes: :think: :thumbsdown: But the wood and painting is absolute perfect. If i ever buy one i wold use it as a basis for an huge upgrade ( But for lot less i could build a better LP from scratch.)

But This is the resultafter 6 ours and 24 ours of drying in the clamps.

So i use the rest of this afternoon to give the strat of our guitar player a fret job. Straiten the neck level the frets en crowned them. Restring it and some oil on the fingerboard and polish neck.
You can't bend the rule, Every man is some womans fool
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

Good job Elmano, you have very good skills as a luthier and I'm
sure you can build something really better than this low cost replica!
Jan 15th 2007