VINTAGE® STRATOCASTER V6L-VW

Talk about guitars, amplifiers, effects and other gear
Pena

VINTAGE® STRATOCASTER V6L-VW

Post by Pena »

I'm planning to get me a VINTAGE® STRATOCASTER V6L-VW (hsssssh, my Lady don't have a clue :whistle: )
http://www.musiikkiliike.fi/index.php?t ... t_id=30719
I've been reading few review about it, and I got a positive impression about it from the reviews.
Also I remember that VB got a Tele model from his wife ( am I right VB? ), and that he's satisfied with his Vintage.
Now the Q is, should I invest about 240€ in it or in brewery products... hangover of the millenium or electric guitar made euforia :icon_whoknows: :lol:
I really feel I gotto have a single coil Strato model... hard to explain, maybe need option... don't know. :think:
Pena
Last edited by Pena on Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The blues is a low down achein' chill" Robert Johnson
LzyBlue

Re: VINTAGE® STRATOCASTER V6L-VW

Post by LzyBlue »

Hmmmm......that link doesn't work for me.

Hard to argue against the brewery product investment, but the guitar will probably last a bit longer.
weelie

Post by weelie »

Hey, I have a friend who'll sell you some professional grade brewING products... those will last a lifetime! :D

Anyway, I have tried a couple of Vintage brand strats. And I must say I wasn't too impressed, they just didn't felt right for my hands, which of course could be the neck shape and things like that... so I never tested plugged in. Of course they are inexpensive. I liked the feel of the distressed models, but I don't think I'd like to buy a factory reliced guitar...

My strat actually is one of cheaper Squiers.
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

A good strat is somewhat like a must have, no arguing about that.
still .... buy the lady a bunch of flowers (add $10 to the investment)
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Pena wrote:I'm planning to get me a VINTAGE® STRATOCASTER V6L-VW (hsssssh, my Lady don't have a clue :whistle: )
http://www.musiikkiliike.fi/index.php?t ... t_id=30719
I've been reading few review about it, and I got a positive impression about it from the reviews.
Also I remember that VB got a Tele model from his wife ( am I right VB? ), and that he's satisfied with his Vintage.
Now the Q is, should I invest about 240€ in it or in brewery products... hangover of the millenium or electric guitar made euforia :icon_whoknows: :lol:
I really feel I gotto have a single coil Strato model... hard to explain, maybe need option... don't know. :think:
Pena
You're right Pena - it was a Vintage Reissued Series V2, and I'm very happy with it, but I did a couple of years back have a Vinatage Advance AV6 (which is sort of vaguely Strat style although with three P90s), but it didn't really do it for me and it ended up being sold. I'm afraid I haven't tried any of the Vintage brand although I have noticed that the V6 does tend to get good write-ups FWIW.
Weelie wrote:Anyway, I have tried a couple of Vintage brand strats. And I must say I wasn't too impressed, they just didn't felt right for my hands, which of course could be the neck shape and things like that
Absolutely - it's how a guitar feels to each individual, and regardless of sound it's very important how it feels. i had the chance when I was trying the Vintage Tele to try a Korean Squier Telecaster. The Squier sounded great BUT to me the neck felt wrong - either too big or the wrong shape. Now that's just me - I suspect most people would probably think the opposite.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9320596 This link is my "Barfly" recording which has the Vintage Tele playing the lead and a background arpegiated part. I was really please how good it sounded for such a cheap guitar, and how easy it felt to play, BUT it probably doesn't sound like a real Tele in the way a Squier would.

All depends what you're looking for in sound and feel, and certainly the Vintage badge gets zero points for "cool"! :sad:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
Pena

Post by Pena »

Thanks m8s for your replys.
Gotto do some more thinking, and look reviews about Squier or then go to a Mex Strato... :think:
"The blues is a low down achein' chill" Robert Johnson