Blues with a Bossa Nova twist!

Techniques, licks, tabs, chords, tutorials
meritonemusic

Blues with a Bossa Nova twist!

Post by meritonemusic »

Thought I'd share this Blues play-along with you guys...

it's in G minor.. but it isn't your standard blues play-along.. it's actually a Bossa!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh_CY6b_3iw

Happy jamming :music2:
VikingBlues

Re: Blues with a Bossa Nova twist!

Post by VikingBlues »

Nice one for chilling out to! :thumbsup: :cool:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

VB and I did a Bossa Blues collab a long while ago. It was cool.
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Blindboy wrote:VB and I did a Bossa Blues collab a long while ago. It was cool.
Certainly was a long time ago - back in 2010. :eye_rub: And ElMano was in on it too if it's the one I'm thinking of - I don't remember doing two Bossa Novas so I think it must be! That old thread is here:-
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=252&p=3552&hilit=bossa+nova#p3552

It was a lot of fun and an interesting experience given how much I was having to wing it - no idea what I was doing.

"Outside the Comfort Zone" as your original post about the backing track was called - and quite rightly called that too.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=244&p=2168&hilit=Bossa+Nova#p2168

Back in the days of my Vista laptop - 82 reported recording errors in my DAW on just one 45 second segment. :wall: I'm reminded how glad I am to be shot of it.

One comment I made back in that Bossa collab thread that shows how some things never change for me - "I believe they say "practice makes perfect" but I've never travelled far enough down that particular road to find out".
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

VikingBlues wrote:
Blindboy wrote:VB and I did a Bossa Blues collab a long while ago. It was cool.
Certainly was a long time ago - back in 2010. :eye_rub: And ElMano was in on it too if it's the one I'm thinking of - I don't remember doing two Bossa Novas so I think it must be! That old thread is here:-
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=252&p=3552&hilit=bossa+nova#p3552

It was a lot of fun and an interesting experience given how much I was having to wing it - no idea what I was doing.

"Outside the Comfort Zone" as your original post about the backing track was called Blindboy - and quite rightly called that too.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=244&p=2168&hilit=Bossa+Nova#p2168

I notice it was back in the days of my Vista laptop - 82 reported recording errors in my DAW on just one 45 second segment. :wall: I'm reminded how glad I am to be shot of that laptop.

One comment I made back in that Bossa collab thread that shows how some things never change for me - "I believe they say "practice makes perfect" but I've never travelled far enough down that particular road to find out".