Will I ever sound like Me...

Techniques, licks, tabs, chords, tutorials
12bar
Site Admin

Re: Will I ever sound like Me...

Post by 12bar »

That's a great tribute for Greeny! :music1:
Both tone and playing are very close, maybe had used a little more reverb... :big_smile:
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Very Greene sounding. :thumbsup:
You are a very versatile player.
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

One nice go at a sound-alike! :thumbsup:

For mere mortals, like me, sounding like anyone else is as tricky as having our own sound, probably more so.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

Don't know the original but your version sounds really good!
Jan 15th 2007
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

I never got too much into RF, but after this I should try again! :clap:
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

bellogi wrote: PS: I'd rather prefer critiscism than :clap: and others :pray: ...
OK, but this is criticism on a level I never will touch... :pray: :pray: :clap: :clap: :wink:

Tone is already very close, but your playing is different. It was easy to identify the songs, and sometimes you are near 100%, but you rely a bit too much on tricks, fast riffing instead of playing around "the" note.

BUT - it's you and we don't need another EC. And your playing is on pro level, no doubt.
I can only compare because I've listened to EC so much since I discovered him. My playing however was always different.
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

bellogi wrote: PS: I'd rather prefer critiscism than :clap: and others :pray: ...
Same as 12bar here, you play really well and most of us are just "amateur" in comparison.
So it's a tad difficult to comment, though you have this EC feel flowing out.
I agree that every player plays with his own style no matter what is the musician style you try to replicate.

In the meantime, both tracks led me to grab the Strat and noodle around with yours.
The good side is that I got the same type of sound by adding some compression on top of an overdrive, and for
these riffs and licks it seems like a pretty good recipe.

If you don't mind I would enjoy having the slow blues BT and tabs for studying these riffs.
Thanks in advance. :D
Jan 15th 2007
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Well played obviously - good tone too. But otherwise it's beyond me - I can't criticise at this level of playing skill. :icon_whoknows:

Getting the right sort of tone of a player is at least just about possible for a lot of us, but to really play like someone ... not me for one. Even Gary Moore on "Blues for Greeny" - does a damn good job with tone, helped a bit by using the same guitar perhaps, but the phrasing and the feel aren't quite there. I'm ignoring the vocals - obviously they are so very different. So anyway, if someone of that stature can't pull it off, then no chance for us mere mortals.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Hmm, missed this entire topic :shy:
I will do my catching up and then comment :fingerscrossed:
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

bellogi wrote:
vancouverois wrote: If you don't mind I would enjoy having the slow blues BT and tabs for studying these riffs.
Thanks in advance. :D.
Well! no problem, just give me a valid email adress where I can post some attached files about 30MB big... It seems I can't attach and place inline TuxGuitar and/or pdf files... Anyway you'll get much more than a tab, trust me :big_smile:
B.
PM sent,Thanks a lot! :beer:
Jan 15th 2007