Wierd stuff

Techniques, licks, tabs, chords, tutorials
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Wierd stuff

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Been noodling with a couple of chords today. To remember what I was playing I recorded a sequence of them.

oke, the chords. The first two (sequence) repeat 4 times, then I start with the C and work my way through the mutations on that chord, they may have names, but I don't now them out the top of my head.

Code: Select all

D7  C 

x---x  
6---5
5---5
7---5
5---3
x---x

C   ?   ?   ?
x---x---x---x
5---3---3---3
5---5---5---5
5---4---3---2
3---x---x---x
x---x---x---x
I had fun jamming over the pattern, didn't record a lead yet, something is still missing.
Mhh I started recording clean with the Epiphone but felt that was to jazzy for my tast so I used Josie with a bit of drive to spice it up a bit.

download/file.php?id=2795
Attachments

d7-xxxx testrun.mp3 - (4.36 MiB)

A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
VikingBlues

Re: Wierd stuff

Post by VikingBlues »

Not a bad idea at all to have chords that sound right in a progression but without knowing what they are. If it leads to a piece of music that is a bit different all the better! :thumbsup:

The root of my fun in altered tuning acoustic guitar improvs is getting away from playing chords I know the names of :big_smile: - it means there's at least a little bit of originality and it's not locked in the strait jacket of a standard progression.

According to a little program I have on the PC those 3 chords of yours might be D9, F6 and CAdd2. Makes sense in fitting in with your D and C chords.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

A bit strange, but good!
When strumming, how to you manage the timing? Feet tapping, metronome or nothing at all?
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Thanks VB,

It works miracles when you are tending to fall back on a too familiar chord sequence time after time. Believe me :)
I have to admid, I like non standard open tunings sounds, but I don't have the patience to learn to much about playing leads in them. :shy:

Gerd, I don't try to keep timing in another way than having my hand making constand moves and only pick or strum when needed.
tapping my foot won't work longer than 1 minute or so, after that my muscles start to complain.
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....