Do what you like

If you're searching for a special part of a song or a chord sequence, ask here. Include as much details as possible (e.g. time range, album).
ptahoteph

Do what you like

Post by ptahoteph »

I can't find enywhere the solo for the song "Do what you like" by Blind Faith....so if somebody knows the solo please post it......tnx...:)
12bar
Site Admin

Re: Do what you like

Post by 12bar »

...include the version (which album?) and a specific time range.
:wink:
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Found this at http://www.winwoodfans.com/chords/do-what-you-like.htm:

Do What You Like

From the Album "Blind Faith", released 1969 on Island Records.
Words and Music by Peter Baker.
Key of C-minor. Time signature 5/4.

Cm Gm7 Cm Gm7 Cm Gm7 Cm Gm7
Do right, use your head, everybody must be fed

Cm Gm7 Cm Gm7 Cm Gm7 Cm Gm7
Get together, break your bread, yes, together, that's what I said

A Bb A Bb
Do what you like

Cm Gm7
Don't fight
cruisemates

Post by cruisemates »

I dont remember what the solo sounded like - but what a cool song. It is in 5/4 meter. Some of the Blind Faith songs were the best.
ptahoteph

Post by ptahoteph »

Tnx to all of you....as I remeber Blind Faith only produced one album....the song is from that album....it is a studio version.....anyway....i'll try do it myself.....:)
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

There are several boots with live version out there... :wink:
So you mean the studio one - what time range?
Pena

Post by Pena »

Do you mean this?
It's from the DeLuxe edition.
Mod edit : Sorry this is a copyrighted song, we don't want to get Gerd in to trouble, don't we ? :D /Hans

Pena
"The blues is a low down achein' chill" Robert Johnson
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Plse remove it - copyright alarm! :icon_whoknows:

You mean starting at around 3:16 min? :think:

Code: Select all

I--------------------------------------------------------------5---------------------I
I12h13p12----------------------------------------------------5-----------------------I
I----------9-14p12p9--9-11-12-11--9-10-7-9-----------5-7b(9)-----(9)rb7-5-7---5------I
I------------------------------------------10-7--5-7------------------------7---7----I
I------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I
I------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I
3:16
Pena

Post by Pena »

Sry HBL, my bad :sad: . Took a risk on thin ice... Got myself wet :cry: and now I have flu :big_smile:
"The blues is a low down achein' chill" Robert Johnson
cruisemates

Post by cruisemates »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZfCMg93SpM

here is a link to the song - is there a certain section of the solo (min:sec) that you want to know, because I can't do it all but I can do part of it. probably.
cruisemates

Post by cruisemates »

I hear it based on A-minor with these notes being used a lot:

1 ---------7---8--10--12-10--8--10--8^7-----------------------------------------------------------------------
1 --10-----------------------------------------10----8--10--8---------------------------------------------------
1 -----------------------------------------------------------------9----8-7-5------------------------------
1 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------7---5---7---5-4--------------
1 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------7---
1 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 ------------------------------------------8--10--12--10--8--7--8--8--7-----------------------------------
1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------10----8---10---8-----
1 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------9
1 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 --5--7---5----3-2-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 --------------------------5----3----5-----------------------------------------------------------

basic scale

1 -------------------------------------------------------5--7--8--10--12--15--17--------------------------
1 ----------------------------------------------5---8--------------------------------------------
1 ----------------------------------4--5--7-------------------------------------------------------
1 -------------------------5---7-----------------------------------------------------------------
1 ---------2---3--5--7-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 ----5-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He likes to bend C up to D a lot (kind of an unusual blues bend)
ptahoteph

Post by ptahoteph »

Tnx ...it's a a great help....peace to all of you....:)