New Layout

Guest book, site news and suggestions, introductions
12bar
Site Admin

New Layout

Post by 12bar »

As mentioned already, I'm in the process of moving all non-forum content into a content management system, so it's easier for me to maintain this site. I'm cleaning up a bit, correcting typos, removing images with unclear copyright and adding some features like print/pdf export. I hope you like it - suggestions welcome.
Some content is still in the queue.

http://12bar.de/cms/ :phew:
VikingBlues

Re: New Layout

Post by VikingBlues »

First impressions - I like the look of it. I'm reaching an age where change makes me want to run away, but this looks good.

It's a nice clean design. Also easy to see where things are. :clap:

The Print/PDF feature is very helpful/useful.

Nothing occurs to me at the moment as far as suggestions go I'm afraid.

I'm sure there's a good deal of work going into this - hopefully the greater ease of site maintenance makes it worth it.

Though I'm very grateful this site exists at all in whatever format. :thumbsup:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

VikingBlues wrote: I'm reaching an age where change makes me want to run away,
Me, too, so it took a long time to make the decision. But most things will work (I hope...) as before.
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Mhh, yes, maybe, no, mhhh..... One thing that disturbs me is the light colored selection bar in the dropdown menus. I{ have to look twice.
I do get the reason and understand it. I'm not to happy with the "generic" (general) layout, but I guess that's the way almost all cms driven environment look.

Still, good job Gerd !
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Thanks for the feedback. The good thing is, I still can change the layout and colors as I want. So just tell me what colors to change and we'll test it... :dance:

Background is now white, font bold, plse check.