Hello all! :)

Guest book, site news and suggestions, introductions
Karmoon

Hello all! :)

Post by Karmoon »

Hello everyone!

I am new to the forum and so am posting here to say hello and introduce myself.

I'm a professional translator who works in Frankfurt Am Main, Germany, although I am English myself.

I'm in a band that plays hard rock/heavy metal, and I wrote a lot of techno/break beat on computer as an adolescent. But, actually the first meaningful thing I learnt to play was Blues on the piano, and this has been a consistent theme throughout pretty much all of my work.

While I love my Iron Maiden and headbanging stuff, my first love is still blues, and nothing quite makes me happy like sticking on a blues backing track, closing my eyes and just letting my guitar do the talking.

The only problem is, I suck. My guitaring is shoddy at best, and fine blues is well beyond me.

When I upload some of my playing, you'll see exactly what I mean. My style is odd, I feel trapped by scales, my expression is immature etc etc.

I've signed up to this forum mainly because I really need help and tips from experienced blues players, and hopefully, eventually will be able to help others too - as is the way of such forums.

Well, i think that's all that's relevant for the moment.

Peace and have a good day :)
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Re: Hello all! :)

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Hey welcome here. :welcome:
Sounds like you found the place to be on the net for some. Lues and help. Lots of nice people here. Rest asured, you'll get allthe hints and tips you want
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
Golfxzq

Post by Golfxzq »

:welcome: Karmoon... Great to have you in the forum. Sounds like you've got some chops. This is a great forum to get into Blues.
"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."
- Henry Ford
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

:welcome: to the best blues guitar forum on the net.
I am sure you can find some good advice and support from our diverse crew. :thumbsup:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
alaskabluesguy

Post by alaskabluesguy »

Welcome man!!! :welcome: I have one tip for you: if the note your on sucks, bend it until its right! (That is my approach!!!) :whistle: :whistle:
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

:welcome: to 12bar Karmoon. :D

If you're looking for somewhere to help you get focus and direction and to improve your blues guitar playing you've found a great place here. These guys at 12bar have helped me a huge amount over the last couple of years. I can identify with your comment about trapped by scales - I remember just a few years back knowing where the notes were but it all sounding aimless and un-bluesy and not musical enough when playing. I've a long way to go yet but my journey has been accelerated and helped here.

Plenty of good advice on the threads here already and you'll find friendly and helpful responses to questions you might bring up. Look forward to hearing more from you. :thumbsup:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

:welcome:

You have come to the right place regarding advice and visdom regarding blues. I'm not one of them. I need advice my self.
Pleas uppload your stuff and you will resive constructive critisism and plenty of tips. :music2:
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Another :welcome: at 12bar!

Beginners, intermediates, pros - all kinds are here. Some have a classical background, some came from other instruments, some from Hard rock or even Metal. It's not about levels or being better than someone else, it's all about the Blues, and Blues means feeling. Even if someone just started he may create a killer tone or a fantastic lick. So post it and we'll listen! :dance:
Karmoon

Post by Karmoon »

Wow.

You guys have already given me at least 3 or 4 really big things to think about, just with a "Hello" thread!

You weren't kidding when you said this is *the* place to be :)
tytlblues

Post by tytlblues »

Big howdy from Texas!!!!!!!
Tytlblues

"Notes are expensive... spend them wisely”
BB King
2WheelsOfBlues

Post by 2WheelsOfBlues »

:wave: Karmoon, :welcome: here.
play guitar like the wind, mysterious but definitely present....
kiwiclapton

Post by kiwiclapton »

And a g'day from New Zealand, enjoy these cool cats eh!
In the name of God, Eric Clapton and the Slowhand, Amen.
tele8156

Post by tele8156 »

:welcome: Karmoon. I'm also here to improve my blues playing. From the songs I've listened to that members have uploaded, I believe we're in the right place. :D
“Judge each day not by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you plant.”
– Robert Louis Stevenson